My forehead/brow lift, Lip Lift and vertical canthoplasty with Dr Ahn

The full name of Dr Ahn at DA is Dr.Ahn Kyung Chan. I know that he did come over from Hyundai and was one of the main surgeons there which is why DA recruited him. I had work with him done three weeks ago at DA. He focuses there on all things face; we discussed a brow lift/ upper face lift next to my SES (single eye lid surgery) but it would have conflicted with my rhinoplasty revision so we only did SES. He is super nice, seems very knowledgable, and has perfect English. He is also the kind of doctor who does not ignore you but engages when you run into him in the floors during after care.

Not sure if that helps you identify if it is the Dr Ahn you have been looking for. I would be curious myself.

Reactions: bagelzzz
The full name of Dr Ahn at DA is Dr.Ahn Kyung Chan. I know that he did come over from Hyundai and was one of the main surgeons there which is why DA recruited him. I had work with him done three weeks ago at DA. He focuses there on all things face; we discussed a brow lift/ upper face lift next to my SES (single eye lid surgery) but it would have conflicted with my rhinoplasty revision so we only did SES. He is super nice, seems very knowledgable, and has perfect English. He is also the kind of doctor who does not ignore you but engages when you run into him in the floors during after care.

Not sure if that helps you identify if it is the Dr Ahn you have been looking for. I would be curious myself.
Did you only have SES at DA? Or did you do your rhinoplasty there too? Curious as there are a lot of red flags here about DA. Further another person warned that DA use Ketamine (I think from memory) which is hallucinogenic instead of twilight sedation for shorter ops. What was your experience? Did you have general for your nose?

• Wow
Reactions: Lien and sarahchee2
Did you only have SES at DA? Or did you do your rhinoplasty there too? Curious as there are a lot of red flags here about DA. Further another person warned that DA use Ketamine (I think from memory) which is hallucinogenic instead of twilight sedation for shorter ops. What was your experience? Did you have general for your nose?
Facial contouring, AccuScalpt and SES at DA. Rhinoplasty revision at Noselab. With the bigger (factory) clinics it all comes down to the doctor you get access to. I was able to get paired with a doctor for FC on short notice who is very popular at a good price. No Ketamine for me. You are definitely much more of a number with the bigger clinics and compete for the doctor's time, after care equipment etc with a much larger amount of patients. But you also need to consider that factory clinics pay with the best and with that are able to attract some of the best doctors in each individual area. For me and my constellation DA made sense. What are the other red flags you are referring to?

you are right, same Dr.Ahn. he left hyundai to work for DA

Reactions: greg.jr.martin
you are right, same Dr.Ahn. he left hyundai to work for DA
He done DES and fat injection for my sister at hyundai then left before her stick-out day which made me so angry. My sister kept repeat to have small amount of fat injection, she told him like 20 times about that and he said "yes, he understand" before OP. but then he still injected a lot of fat which caused long time to recover, she looked completely so different (in negative way)compare to before, and her eyelids took like over 2 months to recover from swollen, that is main reasons she had to cancel her end year movie filming and all end year events. She lost a lot of income since she could not do filming or live stream. oh, my sister is celeb.
I agreed that Dr.Ahn seems wise, his english is even better than his korean, he can give you long consulting time compare to others Doctors. that is why my sister felt like she was listened and trusted him to end up with OP. but Seem like he needs to practice more to got better result and ofcourse more quick recover.

He done DES and fat injection for my sister at hyundai then left before her stick-out day which made me so angry. My sister kept repeat to have small amount of fat injection, she told him like 20 times about that and he said "yes, he understand" before OP. but then he still injected a lot of fat which caused long time to recover, she looked completely so different (in negative way)compare to before, and her eyelids took like over 2 months to recover from swollen, that is main reasons she had to cancel her end year movie filming and all end year events. She lost a lot of income since she could not do filming or live stream. oh, my sister is celeb.
I agreed that Dr.Ahn seems wise, his english is even better than his korean, he can give you long consulting time compare to others Doctors. that is why my sister felt like she was listened and trusted him to end up with OP. but Seem like he needs to practice more to got better result and ofcourse more quick recover.
outside of the recovery which is very individual, how did her results turn out?

Reactions: Transformation2021
Late on the thread. But can you explain the technique used for the lip lift ? Your B/A looks amazing ! I follow dr. Mascaro and even he has stitching around the nostrils and he’s the best in the game I’ve seen so far. How were you able to get so much lift with it just being in the middle?

Reactions: Cbuzz2022
Day - 10 - 1 month post op. Surgery was virtually painless. Only annoying thing was the vertical cantepexy. during stitch removal they had to uncoil the stitch on my right eye. Oof that felt awful af. But once the stitch was out it felt much better. Anyways when i got time and cbf ill go into more detail about the recovery process for these procedures.

Also, in case anyone is interested. I FOUND AN AMAZING AGEYOSAL 2 IN 1 PENCIL AT OLVIVE YOUNG. Brand is called cologram. Its so good. Usually I use a small angle brush with charcoal eyeshadow to draw it on and it gets messy. This eye pencil legit 2 strokes and it look so natural and perfect. I been using it with my new bigger eyes and loving how snatched it looks :biggrin:

View attachment 5433386

View attachment 5433387

View attachment 5433391
Late on the thread. But can you explain the technique used for the lip lift ? Was it only skin recession? Your B/A looks amazing ! I follow dr. Mascaro and even he has stitching around the nostrils and he’s the best in the game I’ve seen so far. How were you able to get so much lift with it just being in the middle?

Oh yeah I thought I should mention this disclaimer: DO NOT use the endoscopic brow lift method IF you have a bad receding hairline because it does pull back the hairline by 1-2mm after dewelling. In my case I noticed my hairline pulled back by about 3-3.5mm immediatedly post op, but 3 weeks later it went down to only 1 which wasn't an issue for me at all.

However, people with really bad receding hairlines should use the incisional method, as the hairline can be brought down at the same time. The down side to this is that since the endo method can be performed by hiding the punch biopsies WITHIN the hairline, there is zero visible scarring, comparatively the incisional method MUST be done in front of the hairline thus causing some degree of scarring even after it full recovery. There's a chance for example, that the scar will be a white line. It depends how your body heals from it.
Thank you for all the explanation of the endoscopic brow lift. It is very helpful. I am really thinking of doing endoscopic brow lift but not able to find many reviews from people whom did. I have thin hair and also a bit of receding hair and your comment helps alot for me to make my decision. I decide to just go for eyelid ptosis surgery without the brow lift. In future when the sagging is bad and with no choice then I will consider the endoscopic brow lift again. Can I also ask if we have to band the whole head very tightly for the whole one week before stitches are removed?

Thank you for all the explanation of the endoscopic brow lift. It is very helpful. I am really thinking of doing endoscopic brow lift but not able to find many reviews from people whom did. I have thin hair and also a bit of receding hair and your comment helps alot for me to make my decision. I decide to just go for eyelid ptosis surgery without the brow lift. In future when the sagging is bad and with no choice then I will consider the endoscopic brow lift again. Can I also ask if we have to band the whole head very tightly for the whole one week before stitches are removed?
I got an endoscopic brow lift in October and only had to wear the band tight for like 4 days during the worst of the swelling. But my clinic used staples not stitches, and keeps them in for 14 days so I had a long time with them in. I lost hair at the incision sites but it’s mostly growing back now (5 months later)

I noticed a definite increase in the height of my hairline which I hate. It’s especially noticeable on my temples where it’s thin - it didn’t look weird before but now that it’s higher on my scalp it looks like balding… I’ll likely get a hair transplant which is expensive, I’m really bummed about that.

Reactions: Lien
I got an endoscopic brow lift in October and only had to wear the band tight for like 4 days during the worst of the swelling. But my clinic used staples not stitches, and keeps them in for 14 days so I had a long time with them in. I lost hair at the incision sites but it’s mostly growing back now (5 months later)

I noticed a definite increase in the height of my hairline which I hate. It’s especially noticeable on my temples where it’s thin - it didn’t look weird before but now that it’s higher on my scalp it looks like balding… I’ll likely get a hair transplant which is expensive, I’m really bummed about that.
Hi babe, appreciate your sharing. My hairline also quite high now due to hair lose over years. Initially the consultant over the phone recommended forehead lift (incision) but I also worry as it looks scary can see the stitches all around the forehead till ear and no one can guarantee if there will be scars. Yes hair transplant is expensive but i think is the most effective. I am going to Braun for consultation in a few days time. I should be just doing eyelid revision + ptosis surgery and maybe some liposuction.

no i didnt have to band anything for more than 3 days. And the stitches I had was different from @JiaY She said she used staples, which is quite an old technique and it does cause more damage to the follicles in the area. Mine were dissolvable stitches so I didnt have to do anything to it. My hairline actually went further back after the procedure BUT 4 months later it went back down to normal. I would say if you require more significant lifting then the hairline going further back permanently would be more of a concern.

no i didnt have to band anything for more than 3 days. And the stitches I had was different from @JiaY She said she used staples, which is quite an old technique and it does cause more damage to the follicles in the area. Mine were dissolvable stitches so I didnt have to do anything to it. My hairline actually went further back after the procedure BUT 4 months later it went back down to normal. I would say if you require more significant lifting then the hairline going further back permanently would be more of a concern.
Hi all, I just did tummy lipo at Braun today. Didn’t go through the endoscopic brow lift. Really not ready. And doctor says if I only do eyelid ptosis surgery without brow lift it won’t help much as I still have the sagging brow which I also saw the problem. So I just hold on this till I really ready.

Late on the thread. But can you explain the technique used for the lip lift ? Was it only skin recession? Your B/A looks amazing ! I follow dr. Mascaro and even he has stitching around the nostrils and he’s the best in the game I’ve seen so far. How were you able to get so much lift with it just being in the middle?
Im actually not too sure. I do know he excised the excess skin and tissue and hid the incission from within the nostrils so there's zero scarring. Im not sure if he actually did something to the muscle too. Ill have to ask him about that. Actually I could have lifted more. I just wanted it to be lifted even more. But Dr Ahn said while he could do it, it would look pretty unbalanced because then my upper lip would be thicker than my lower lip. I did want the sides of my lips to be lifted more though but he suggested not to. I think its an aesthetic difference since he prefers more natural while i actually like the lisa rinna juicy lips lol