My First Two LV's

nimbette2

Oct 17, 2007
Hi Everyone. I always buy Gucci, but decided to make a switch for a while and bought today both the GM Galliere and the Kate Clutch in White. I love the box the clutch comes in!

I hope to use the clutch for my upcoming Orlando vacation, so I can have it on my wrist and only carry essentials - yet in style. Is that crazy?

I also bought the Galliere because it is HUGE! I am so into big purses these days and it's a new style. I plan on wearing these very soon and often.

I am concerned about the canvas material being scratched on the bags. How easily do they start showing wear?

Gucci fabric can be dry cleaned and always looks brand new...but I am concerned about the canvas plastic of the bags for LV. Any ideas?

I love walking out of stores like Gucci, Tiffany and LV, with one big bag - feels very empowering - haha

congrats on your first lvs! hehe the galliera is SO gorgeous and so is the kate! I'm thinking she might be my first multicolore purchase.. hehe

Congrats on your purchases! If you're going to WDW while in Orlando, I would leave precious Kate at home! Even though she has no vachetta, she has a white background and could easily get stained and/or her plate scratched. Just be very careful.

congratulations!! I would also have to recommend not bringing Kate to Disney. I've been to disney a few times and I've had to sacrifice style and wear a nylon track bag type back pack. Disney is the type of place where you don't want to worry about holding your bag at all and it's definitely the kind of place where something could happen to a very nice bag like either of those two. Go for something cheap that you don't care about (a lot of the rides dont let you bring bags on at all and require that you leave them on the ground...like for rollercoasters, and alot involve water)!

Congrats on your purchases ! And don't worry - the coated canvas is very durable ! :yes:

On a side note - I didn't know that Gucci canvas can be dry cleaned !!! Have you tried this with your bags ?