My first Sac De Jour - a classic!

Mar 17, 2013
IMG_2468.JPG I've been eyeing the sac de jour for quite a while and finally took the plunge and purchased one. Mine is smooth leather with gold hardware and I couldn't love it more :heart:! I have read lots of threads about the pros/cons of this particular leather and am not one to worry over a few scratches as I think it adds to the bag's character. This bag/leather combo is just so luxe I could not resist :smile:. Here she is with my new Chanel wallet (apologies for the poor lighting in this photo). Thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 3588868 I've been eyeing the sac de jour for quite a while and finally took the plunge and purchased one. Mine is smooth leather with gold hardware and I couldn't love it more :heart:! I have read lots of threads about the pros/cons of this particular leather and am not one to worry over a few scratches as I think it adds to the bag's character. This bag/leather combo is just so luxe I could not resist :smile:. Here she is with my new Chanel wallet (apologies for the poor lighting in this photo). Thanks for letting me share!
Congratulations!:loveeyes::hbeat::heart: She is Beautiful!!! Enjoy her! I have a 2014 medium size black smooth leather and GH still looks brand new! yes it has a few scratches but its expected with smooth leather. (avatar) I also highly recommend getting Cadillac leather conditioner it will help with small scratches. :smile:

Reactions: Designerhbgirl
Congratulations!:loveeyes::hbeat::heart: She is Beautiful!!! Enjoy her! I have a 2014 medium size black smooth leather and GH still looks brand new! yes it has a few scratches but its expected with smooth leather. (avatar) I also highly recommend getting Cadillac leather conditioner it will help with small scratches. :smile:
Thank you! Your SDJ is so beautiful :smile: It's great to hear how well yours has held up. I'll definitely check out that leather conditioner! You've also inspired me to try adding twillys to the handles - love how they look on your bag! :flowers:

Reactions: StyleinLA
View attachment 3588868 I've been eyeing the sac de jour for quite a while and finally took the plunge and purchased one. Mine is smooth leather with gold hardware and I couldn't love it more :heart:! I have read lots of threads about the pros/cons of this particular leather and am not one to worry over a few scratches as I think it adds to the bag's character. This bag/leather combo is just so luxe I could not resist :smile:. Here she is with my new Chanel wallet (apologies for the poor lighting in this photo). Thanks for letting me share!
Love your bag! They make an amazing pair with the chanel wallet! :smile:

Reactions: Designerhbgirl
I am curious how the smooth leather is performing after a few months of use... do you still love it?

I am curious how the smooth leather is performing after a few months of use... do you still love it?
I still love it :heart: I get compliments on it all the time! And I'm so happy I got the smooth leather! It does have a few scratches now but that doesn't bother me at all. Overall it still looks great! A kind person here on TPF told me about Cadillac leather conditioner. I've used it a couple times and the leather still looks very good. Are you in the market for one? I highly recommend this bag :smile:

That's great news. I first found a pebbled leather on sale but returned it because I just didn't like the leather or the interior. I've always loved the look of the smooth leather, I was just worried it might not be durable enough for my lifestyle. It is such a gorgeous bag and I'm glad to hear a good review on it!