My First Post (LONG)

kaijubunny

My Fave Play Ever
O.G.
Dec 24, 2009
Hi,

I've been lurking for awhile and I love what a fabulous group of people you have here. I am an on and off again Coach collector until now. My first Coach bag bought was using my aunt's discount at Filene's in Boston in 1982. I started visited the outlets shortly after I got married in the late '80s. I was vaguely aware the bags were given names but didn't really pay attention. I just liked the style and the smell of the rich leather. LOL. I've gotten PCE's over the years and did not use them until I found this board. Now I couldn't wait for the current one.

This time when I got my PCE I bought a regular quartz Brooke ( yay, I know a bag's name) and a chick fob ( my first fob). The SA took my card and when the extension was given I asked later if I could purchase an additional item at the disct and was told no. (oh well)

So you all got me hooked. I usually only go to the outlets where I vacation, Orlando or Lancaster, etc.

There is an Outlet near me about an hour so DH drove me Pres Day Wkend and I fell on ice right in front of Coach. Hurt my back banged up my knee and spent 3 hours in the ER. I was bedridden until last weekend. I felt up to trying the outlet again with a percoset in hand. If I fell again, I knew it was never meant to be. I walked the perimeter and then spied a blue leather bag on the clearance table. I made a beeline reaching over a few women looking at other items. It had the wrong tag as a siggie but it was a leather bag. A SA told me it was a Kristin and I said WOW. She said it was probably a return. I had the 30% off coupon plus the 30% off clearance. So I get home- Nope, NOT a Kristin But Drum Roll.....

A Blue Peyton!!!! for $175 plus tax

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!:yahoo::yahoo:

Sorry so Long but I had to share.

Won't be long winded next time I promise.

Now I will have to look at all my Coaches in my small collection and figure out who is who. :smile:

You all have me salivating over the new bags coming out.

Thanks for all your info.

Now I know what MFF, JAX, FP means--but what is RAOK???

OMG that was quite the hurting you took for Coach and right outside the store!! You should have gotten a free purse. :P JK.

:welcome2:

Congrats on your Peyton, that is a great price!! Pics would be oh so nice!!!

Congrats on the Peyton-- for that price, it's a steal! I love that bag-- so classic and organized. So useful yet elegant. And you certainly deserve it, considering the peril you're overcome for the sake of Coach. :balloon: Welcome!

Welcome! And congrats on both your new bags. I'm completely addicted to that luscious Coach leather smell, too, I discreetly breathe in the scent when I'm carrying my bags or in the store drooling over them. Hope you're feeling better soon.