My first pair! And that's okay, right?

katillathehun

Professional Dork
O.G.
Nov 29, 2011
I got my very first pair of CLs yesterday! 85mm Ron Rons. I'm so excited, and yet I have to confess I feel a little guilty. This is the most I've ever spent on a single pair of shoes! And it's not like I'm required to wear dressy shoes to work or anything. It's just... man, they're beautiful. Help me justify them! Tell me what great things I will accomplish with them! What have they done for you? Ideas I've entertained so far:

1. If I take over the world, I will be more convincing in sexy shoes.

2. Perhaps someone will stop me on the street one day and say, "My, those are swell shoes!" and then we'll talk, and it'll turn out he/she's a movie producer and will want to make a movie based on my writing. Don't tell me crazier things haven't happened. (I want to belieeeeeve!)

3. What if there's an environmental apocalypse and my boyfriend and I lose each other while running from an epic land slide? He can be like "Help me find the girl with the red soles!" (He wasn't convinced by this one, but I'm just saying. Preparedness!)

4. I can use them to defend myself against a mugger. The psychological effect of a red heel coming at your face has got to be longer lasting than, say, tan.

Anyway, now I just have to figure out if I want to put Sole Stopperz on them, rush them to the cobbler, or just hit the pavement and try not to think about what's happening to the soles as I walk.

Attachments

• DSCF1112 (1).JPG
    DSCF1112 (1).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 229
I got my very first pair of CLs yesterday! 85mm Ron Rons. I'm so excited, and yet I have to confess I feel a little guilty. This is the most I've ever spent on a single pair of shoes! And it's not like I'm required to wear dressy shoes to work or anything. It's just... man, they're beautiful. Help me justify them! Tell me what great things I will accomplish with them! What have they done for you? Ideas I've entertained so far:

2. Perhaps someone will stop me on the street one day and say, "My, those are swell shoes!" and then we'll talk, and it'll turn out he/she's a movie producer and will want to make a movie based on my writing. Don't tell me crazier things haven't happened. (I want to belieeeeeve!)

3. What if there's an environmental apocalypse and my boyfriend and I lose each other while running from an epic land slide? He can be like "Help me find the girl with the red soles!" (He wasn't convinced by this one, but I'm just saying. Preparedness!)

4. I can use them to defend myself against a mugger. The psychological effect of a red heel coming at your face has got to be longer lasting than, say, tan.

Anyway, now I just have to figure out if I want to put Sole Stopperz on them, rush them to the cobbler, or just hit the pavement and try not to think about what's happening to the soles as I walk.

Congrats!

Beautiful first pair!

gorgeous! congrats-a little guilt is allowed but let it ride out and just be fabulous lol. you can always vibram the soles later if you can't wait to hit the streets-welcome to the club :smile:

Congratulations on a great pair that you will be your go to shoe. I think a bit of guilt is normal when you spend the most you've spent on something. If you wanted it and it makes you happy isn't that one of the many uses for the money we earn?
I am sure the shoes will bring great things in your life. I will piggyback on scenario #2: Place the shoes on your feet and commune with them. If you listen carefully enough they will give you great writing material. All the things shoes encounter in a lifetime, intriguing!?!?

Congratulations! I think that it is normal to feel a little guilty because they are expensive but the benefit outweighs the cost...no doubt about it! I love your 4 ideas:lol: For me, my CLs bring me happiness. I especially love how I feel when I wear them! I feel so happy:smile: Oh and they are totally eye candy! I stare at them in my shoe cabinet a few times a day:P