Travel My first fishing trip *pics*

addicted2chanel

Chanel not war
Jan 17, 2008
So, I finally got to go out on a drifter!! I went with my SO, my DS, and our friend and good Captain of the Svet, Fransico. It was wonderful. We went all the way across the Cook inlet, 35 miles from the mouth of the Kenai river. I got to see a lot of other commercial fishing boats, a beautiful sunset, and a cloudless night, with glassy waters. I also got to see some Seals, and some Walruses!
There were no waves to speak of (lucky for us!) it was gorgeous. I've always loved the ocean, and this makes me want to go back even more! I took some pics, and I thought that some of you might want to see what Alaska looks like. Plus, who doesn't want to see pics of the open ocean?? :P

The mouth of the Kenai River.

Picture546.jpg

The open ocean.

Picture582.jpg

Fishing for Silvers. You can see our net, hehe.

Picture347.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ladies :smile:
I had SO much fun fishing, I didn't think I was going to have a good time at all, but my SO convinced me to go, and I'm so glad that I did! I can't wait to go back :P
I love Alaska's scenery, but the bears are scary. We saw a mama and two cubs the other day, and the mama was standing on top of a little hill. Boy was she big :shocked:

LVOE LOVE LVOE the OCEAN...so serene and it relaxes one...
Alaska is on my list of places to see.. thanks for sharing the picutures.. I specially love this one....

Picture347.jpg
[/quote]

its beautiful! did you see the aurora? i know that there is a season for it and one of my friend is there now, i so hope that she will catch those beautiful northern light!