My first designer bag - Prada Bucket Bag or Celine Sangle?

Wow, those are two totally different bags with very different uses. I recommend you keep saving and wait until you start in the office and see what you will be wearing and what your needs are. Will you need to carry a laptop/tablet then? Papers? Will you wear suits? Jeans? Is this for weekdays or weekends? What other bags do you have for some of these purpones?

Wow, those are two totally different bags with very different uses. I recommend you keep saving and wait until you start in the office and see what you will be wearing and what your needs are. Will you need to carry a laptop/tablet then? Papers? Will you wear suits? Jeans? Is this for weekdays or weekends? What other bags do you have for some of these purpones?
Im not buying specifically for the office, more so for my everyday life outside of work. I know they're really different! But I pretty much carry the same things every day that would fit in both bags (long wallet or compact wallet depending on the day, pouch with toiletries and makeup, hand sanitizer, wipes, other small things). I think my question is more about which bag would be more long lasting fashion/time-wise.

Im not buying specifically for the office, more so for my everyday life outside of work. I know they're really different! But I pretty much carry the same things every day that would fit in both bags (long wallet or compact wallet depending on the day, pouch with toiletries and makeup, hand sanitizer, wipes, other small things). I think my question is more about which bag would be more long lasting fashion/time-wise.

Oh! Well, one is soft, slouchy and more bohemian, one is structured and tailored but they are both relatively unadorned, classic shapes that have been around forever. You can’t go wrong with either one style-wise. This is one of those “both choices are great choices” scenarios. Which one do you like better? You might Google and check the resale price on each vs. the retail and see which will hold its price longer.

Reactions: msisopropyl
I love both so I would go for the most practical route. The open top, can you wear that all year? Do you live in an area with pickpockets? Do you gravitate towards a certain color?

The Celine is so minimal, I personally find that the more minimal designs are the ones that don't bother me for the longest. And I do love the idea of understated luxe.

I did once saw a girl on youtube that bought dupes of the bags that she wanted. She then used them and if all was well after a while she took the plunge. It did save her from making a few mistakes because sometimes you just need to use a bag to know if it works.

First of all, congrats on your graduation! :congrats:

I'd go for the Prada bag.

Both of those are very pretty, albeit quite different, and they're quite timeless. The bucket bag has been around for a long time. The Prada bucket has a secure closure which is, I think, its strongest point. And the front pocket is nice to have, too. I find that sometimes front pockets would simplify the bag, make it more casual, but in this instance, the pocket does the opposite, in my opinion. Not sure if that makes sense? :smile:

The Celine Sangle is a tad too plain for my taste. I know that's what Celine is about, but I'm honestly not a fan. And no closure would be a deal-breaker for me, personally.

I love both so I would go for the most practical route. The open top, can you wear that all year? Do you live in an area with pickpockets? Do you gravitate towards a certain color?

The Celine is so minimal, I personally find that the more minimal designs are the ones that don't bother me for the longest. And I do love the idea of understated luxe.

I did once saw a girl on youtube that bought dupes of the bags that she wanted. She then used them and if all was well after a while she took the plunge. It did save her from making a few mistakes because sometimes you just need to use a bag to know if it works.

This is such a great idea, I think I'll probably end up doing that! I've been seeing more negative reviews for the Celine Sangle bag than the Prada - people saying the clasp keeps opening by itself, the interior suede wearing down and pilling, the cloth shoulder strap being too short or slipping off, etc. that makes me more wary of buying it. I definitely would want to try it out using a dupe to see if it's worth the splurge. I've only seen good reviews about the Prada though :smile:

This is such a great idea, I think I'll probably end up doing that! I've been seeing more negative reviews for the Celine Sangle bag than the Prada - people saying the clasp keeps opening by itself, the interior suede wearing down and pilling, the cloth shoulder strap being too short or slipping off, etc. that makes me more wary of buying it. I definitely would want to try it out using a dupe to see if it's worth the splurge. I've only seen good reviews about the Prada though :smile:

It may seem like a practical solution but please do some research about the dupe industry before you buy any knockoffs, the dupe market is financing trafficking, terrorism and all sorts of crime. I'd want to believe that's not anything you'd want to support. There is information to be found about this on the internet, there was a article on TPB a while back for example.

Reactions: shopanonymous
It may seem like a practical solution but please do some research about the dupe industry before you buy any knockoffs, the dupe market is financing trafficking, terrorism and all sorts of crime. I'd want to believe that's not anything you'd want to support. There is information to be found about this on the internet, there was a article on TPB a while back for example.

Oh wow I had no idea. That's such a shame. Dupes are quite common among my Korean community here in America so I never really thought anything of it - thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: Thenewestgirl