My First Chanel(s)!

Oct 30, 2011
Chanel Vintage Red Lambskin Messenger Flap Bag
Serial number 08......
Year: 1988
Color: Red
Purchased from well recognized Ebay seller lemonfaye888
I thought it was so strange to get the bag and see the authenticity sticker in such a weird spot...but then again...this is my first bag.
IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

And right before this, I purchased this briefcase for work!
ChanelBriefcase(FromSeller) (8).JPG
IMG_0294.JPG
Clearly I caught the Chanel bug!!!

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two bag materials?? I think on was caviar and one lambskin, but I'm not even sure what that means.....just different leathers?? I want to appreciate the bags and care for them in the proper way. Thank you!!

First of all, these are gorgeous bags! The red appears to be lambskin and the black looks to be caviar. Lambskin is much more smooth and requires more attention and care, while the caviar is more of a pebbled leather and requires less attention. Both leathers are fabulous and will last a lifetime with proper care! I hope this helps!

First of all, these are gorgeous bags! The red appears to be lambskin and the black looks to be caviar. Lambskin is much more smooth and requires more attention and care, while the caviar is more of a pebbled leather and requires less attention. Both leathers are fabulous and will last a lifetime with proper care! I hope this helps!

Thanks, appreciate it! I'll look through the care guide sections to get more info on care :smile:

Congrats! Love the shade of red and the briefcase looks so super pro for work.

Yup, believe the red is lamb skin while the black is caviar which really describes the texture since it looks like caviar. Material-wise, caviar is cow leather. Or is it calf? But calf is just a young cow, right? :smile: