My First Chanel Purchase Came with a Surface Scratch

Entice

O.G.
Dec 1, 2009
Please help

I made an online order for my first Chanel lambskin piece and when I opened it the first thing my eyes noticed was the surface scratch.

Is this something that can be repaired just in case it's out of stock for an exchange? It's not a major scratch but it's enough to annoy me since I purchased it brand new from Saks.

Please help.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1423755353.903638.jpg

I have found it is very hard to find perfect pieces. This looks like a wallet and if it is, it will have it's share of small scratches soon enough. I would keep it and try rubbing the scratch over lightly with the oil on your fingers or purchase some other products as mentioned on these threads for lambskin. If you exchange it, there will likely be some other small issue and it may bother you more than the scratch. It actually looks more like natural creasing in the picture....

I have found it is very hard to find perfect pieces. This looks like a wallet and if it is, it will have it's share of small scratches soon enough. I would keep it and try rubbing the scratch over lightly with the oil on your fingers or purchase some other products as mentioned on these threads for lambskin. If you exchange it, there will likely be some other small issue and it may bother you more than the scratch. It actually looks more like natural creasing in the picture....

+1 and as PP said, try rubbing the scratch/crease with your finger for a few days to see if it becomes less noticeable before deciding to return.

I would say that very few of my bags are perfect. Actually, probably none of them are. I think it looks ok - normal, even - but yeah, if it's something that's going to bother you, I would see if you can exchange or return.