My first Birkin

Yes, I think your best bet would be to read the first post in the authentication thread and try to get those specific images. I was just looking at the two flkr images, hoping I could step in with something meaningful. They do look like two different leathers--the closeup has the softer feel and the grain more common to clemence, but the look of the grain and the overall texture in the other image look like a different leather.

If you go back and get the specific images that are listed in the AT I think you could get a more meaningful answer here. So far the images are a little hard to link together.

blingbaby, you said you had one you thought it was Togo, so was it Clemence instead? And does yours have veins? It probably won't matter too much in reality but I am just so curious to know for certain. Seems my question is being overlooked by the gurus...

Hi, no mine is definitely togo. It has veins and I was advised when I purchased it by the SA that it was togo. I don't think the gurus are overlooking... I think as they said they are confused by the pics...

Thanks blingbaby. My SA also told me very surely it was Togo. And it has very obvious veins. Taking more photos is not going to change how the photos will turn out. I have provided full view, close-ups as requested and I haven't alter the photos or anything. They are what they are. More photos are going to show more or less the same thing. Anyway, as I said, it wouldn't matter much to me. I will pop to the boutique to see if the store manager got something to say.