My first Balenciaga!!!!!

Mar 13, 2006
Hey everyone!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me find my first Balenciaga (Pupsterpurse, bb10blue, Shoegal, etc.)!

I went to Saks today because I remembered seeing Balenciaga bags being sold there. I was actually looking for a red First but they didn't have it. I was deciding between Ink and Black. I got the Ink but still not sure if I made the right choice! What do you think???? It is gorgeous and goes with basically everything but I am always looking for something as classic as possible! And Black would be more classic??

I think this bag is called "First"? Correct me if I am wrong. The SA was a VERY helpful and nice lady but she didn't know the name of the bag.

Anyway, just wanted to share my joy with you!!!!! Let me know what you think!

P.S. Pupsterpurse, when I asked about the best scratch-resistant leather in the other thread, what did you mean by thick and smooshy? Is this it??? LOL Also, what does it mean when the leather is "veiny"? I am sorry I'm asking so many questions!

Attachments

• B 1.1.JPG
    B 1.1.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 137
  • B 3.1.JPG
    B 3.1.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 147
  • B 4.1.JPG
    B 4.1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 93
Congrats, likeafeather!!! Ink is a great color! I can't tell very well from your pics, but it looks thick and smooshy. When I say smooshy, I mean not stiff like it sorta collapses when there is nothing in it. As for scratches and such, you can keep your bag moisturized(and less prone to scratches because it won't be dry) by applying AG leather care and spraying with AG Stain and Rain Repellent to protect it. There are a few threads with step by steps and lovely pics. Some gals really like using Lubriderm, too. Roo pretty much pioneered the "lube" movement that transformed many dry stiff bbags into gorgeous thick, luxe beauties.

Pupsterpurse said:
Congrats, likeafeather!!! Ink is a great color! I can't tell very well from your pics, but it looks thick and smooshy. When I say smooshy, I mean not stiff like it sorta collapses when there is nothing in it. As for scratches and such, you can keep your bag moisturized(and less prone to scratches because it won't be dry) by applying AG leather care and spraying with AG Stain and Rain Repellent to protect it. There are a few threads with step by steps and lovely pics. Some gals really like using Lubriderm, too. Roo pretty much pioneered the "lube" movement that transformed many dry stiff bbags into gorgeous thick, luxe beauties.

Oh, wow! Thank you so much for the info!!!!! :flowers:

likeafeather77 said:
Oh, wow! Thank you so much for the info!!!!! :flowers:

Your welcome. :smile: Definitely check out the threads and before/after pics first to make sure you like the results(I love them personally, but each person has their own leather preference). :flowers: And be sure to do a spot test on an inconspicuous area first just in case.

congratulation on your first bbag purchase! she is a beauty:love: :love: :love:

i really think you have made the right choice. ink is a great color. i have the same bag myself and it goes with everything. and black is available every season whereas ink is limited. have a good time wearing it!

i forgot to add that when i got a scratch on my bag, i just massage/rub apple conditioner over the scratch and it went away.

One more Bbag convert!!!! You did good - the ink is a wonderful choice, not a plain black which is a classic but dark with pop. The black will always be available:biggrin: Let us know when you are ready for the other!