my first b-bag..and a question from a b-bag newbie

1. Hi all,

I've been a long time reader since I was doing research before making my first balenciaga purchase. I just got my 06 camel city in today and i'm COMPLETELY in love. (I was a LV and Gucci devotee before..)

So here's my question (or rather questions...) - how do b-bags hold up in different weather conditions? Has anyone used their purse in the rain? Does the leather get discolored?

I live in California (SF and Peninsula...so the weather's generally mild...just curious for those upcoming rainy months...)

Thanks!! I'll have to post pictures when I get back home. (and i'm also dying to get my hands on a Blue India Twiggy now... :sad: )

2. Wonder why that always happens? You buy one, fall in love, but almost straight away you are dreaming of the next one... :confused1:

Good job we are not like that with men ;)

3. Congrats Jade and welcome. I have a camel bag too and I got caught in the rain last week. The water spots show up quite clearly but dry very quickly. It looks exactly the same after it dries, so don't worry. I think I will be buying this Apple Guard stuff that other tPFers talk about, it protects from rain and stains.

Oh, and I too have been dreaming of #2 since getting mine. I have to say I think this forum feeds the madness. If not for the forum I would be perfectly content with just the one bag but nooooo....

4. Congratulations and welcome. Camel is one of my favorites. I use the Apple Guard spray, especially on the handles and corners where it tends to get the dirtiest. Please post lots of pictures. :yes:

5. Thanks for the responses!

I'll have to check out the spray :smile:

6. You are in the Peninsula? Have you been to Susan's in Burlingame recently? I plan to stop there this weekend. I will be visiting family nearby.

7. Yes, I was acutally just at Susan's this past Saturday!

From what I remember, they've got some Blue India bags (first, work, and weekender), a few rouge vifs (fab in the part time, work, and weekender), a grenat weekender, and some black and truffle bags (I only remember they had both in the Twiggy since I wanted to check out the Twiggy size). I think they also had a white weekender or work on display too. (+ a bunch of different wallets and accessories)

One of the bags I noticed that I've never seen before was a green satin first. I didn't even know they had satin versions?? :shocked:

Hope you find something you like!

8. Thanks!! I am probably going this Saturday.

Congrats on the new bag!

9. I love that Satin Green First at Susans, I thought the color was so beautiful. Satin has the tendency to snag very easily so I don't think it would make a very practical day bag but would make a gorgeous evening bag.

10. Ha, we aren't?:P

11. powdwepuff, does the appleguard change the finish on the camel bags at all? i want to protect the handles and the corners because the corners especially are showing dirt already

12. Powderpuff, can I just spray the corners and not the rest of the bag? I am very careful with my bag, but the corners gets dirty, so does the leather over the buckles (since it's raised). I tried AG cleaner/ conditioner, and it didn't seem to get it out. I tried rubbing a little harder, and left a whitish spot on the leather. Help!

Does Lovingmybags work? I browsed the site, and they charge $40 for a bottle of cleaner! :sad: Well, if it works well, I guess i don't mind.
    Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice