My Favourite Bag designer: Joey D; recycled, unique and real edge!

Eliza_C

Aug 31, 2011
I LOVE his bags!
They are decorated with bullets, racing plates(horse shoes) etc etc and use recycled items like tweed leather and fur. I think they are amazing! These are my latest purchases. I am preparing a blog entry about his bags and clothes hence the 'pose'. The matching kilt is cool too I think. The great thing is they are not expensive at the moment; and every one is individual. It's country chic meets punk; and very british design at its best! Hope others like!!!
http://www.joey-d.co.uk/index.php?id=acc01&page=1
The horse shoe ones are unique to the Flying Fox:
http://www.theflyingfox.co.uk/default.aspx#

Attachments

• IMG_9736eddet.jpg
    IMG_9736eddet.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_9736edred2.jpg
    IMG_9736edred2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 419
The horse shoe element is cool. Love the asymmetry of the placement.

The bullets creep me out though. Probably because I live in a country that people have guns and a small element use them on each other. And sadly, that small element that views shooting other people as no big deal, would view bullets as a cool fashion statement. You know--the gangsta vibe.

Don't mean to be a downer on your favorite designer. I understand your excitement about the mix of elements. And the kilt is great.

The horse shoe element is cool. Love the asymmetry of the placement.

The bullets creep me out though. Probably because I live in a country that people have guns and a small element use them on each other. And sadly, that small element that views shooting other people as no big deal, would view bullets as a cool fashion statement. You know--the gangsta vibe.

Don't mean to be a downer on your favorite designer. I understand your excitement about the mix of elements. And the kilt is great.

Thank you!
Yes bullets here of course are only used by soldiers, police, and for hunting so we don't have those same connotations. I hope it doesn't become a gangsta vibe ha ha I would hate that!! xx