my experience with my bag spa (Melbourne, Australia branch)

darkchoc5372

Apr 28, 2009
I went to the shop as I found the name here in this forum.
However, I felt unsure how good they are so i only use my long used wallet as my testing item instead of a big bag!

The wallet had minor pen marks here and there (on the front of the wallet the black color leather area if u look carefully u may see it, and also inside the wallet on the red leather), and the corners of the wallet has started to show sign of wear, scruff. The color doesn't look as fresh as it was getting a bit dry. The credit card part had some chipped area (dunno why too, may be when i put card in there).
To be honest, I like this wallet so much ... too much until a crazy person like me also bought another identical one (just a month ago). So I used this old one to try his work and I feel comfortable that no matter what I also have another perfect one if their work sucks!

When I got there, Alex (one of the owners) accommodated me really well, told me what i can expect from their service. He is very straight forward and being realistic (yet pretty accurate as final result shown), he is very communicative and this is what i like the most! He also suggested me that my another bag doesn't need any help as it's still good, it doesn't worth to pay or to do it (this is really good business ethic, I felt like he is not that greedy enough to do whatever I asked him to do so). I also bought their products as I found out that they are associated with LMB in the USA. Each bottle is about 50 to 60 dollar if am not wrong.

However, I think I'm pretty happy with the result. The leather feel less smoochy softy but still soft not very bad or unacceptable. And the work came out really well and neat. The black color part looks excellent and looks the same. The red color part (inside the wallet), the colors looks very close to original one, although it's not 100 percent exactly the same, but at very close to the original color I would say that. He also give the wallet conditioners and shining to make it look healthy again. I'm glad I did it. They brought back the life to the wallet.

Just in case any of u r thinking of using their services , so I think I should share my experience and their work with our lovely tPF'ers.

Before!!!!
02aBefore.jpg

03aBefore.jpg

P1010390.jpg

P1010394.jpg

After!!!
P1010467.jpg

P1010469.jpg

P1010470.jpg

P1010474.jpg

Last edited:
yr 'Before' wallet is in a good used condition!!! the other one must be real good condition that the guy said it doesnt require any spa service.

lol... the other one that he (alex) meant was actually the purse not wallet.

I also have identical one but brand new though :smile:

Yep it is in good used condition, Alex also told me that coz the leather is not too dry or condition is not too bad, the work will come out better as the leather is not dead yet! lol

Hi Darckchoc
What is this service called and how much did it cost you??

I brought the wallet in, and asked them to give the wallet a spa... so it's hard to say what coz it's mainly tell them what u wanna make u bag/wallet look like..... I don't remember the price now coz it's a while ago. Only remember that it is not expensive.

Thanks for the feedback above. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them? I have a Gucci wallet that is in need of a 'spa' date. Has anyone used them recently? If so how much did it cost you and what was the time turn around?

Thanks!