My experience in DA Plastic surgery clinic (Facial contouring+forehead reduction+cheiloplasty)

lsln

Sep 10, 2019
I always hated my face counter especially huge wide cheekbones so since middle school I always had my hair loosen and never tided up my hair up. I thought about making my cheekbones less visible, tried different make up styles, massages and so on. I wasn’t thinking about having a surgery because it is almost impossible to get a good quality bone surgery in my country, it is really expensive and give uneven results.

After moving to Korea for my studies, I started considering surgery. But it was just thought until I lost weight. My cheekbones and square jaw became even more visible.

I started my research and looked through hundreds and hundreds reviews and before and after photos at Korean ps apps. I’ve picked up several clinics specializing in facial contouring and had some consultations. I wanted the maximum reduction of my cheekbones, light reduction of the jaw angles and slimmer chin. In some places they told me that my cheekbones can be reduced but not completely, in others they told that I need an implant in my chin because it is too small, but I didn’t want implant I wanted it to be done with my own bone. In some places they didn’t want to do higher lip lift (it is called bullhorn?) the same time, in others I simply didn’t like the doctor, the clinic, the staff and so on.

DA was in my list too because they are famous for their facial contouring and I liked their beautiful results. Also a lot of my Korean friends recommended me to have a consultation in DA. And... I’ve decided to do my consultation there and booked a surgery date the same day.

It is always said that you must like the doctors and trust them. I felt that I can trust Dr. Lee Dong Chan who proceeded my facial bone surgery. He was so friendly and professional explaining everything about the surgery I was going to have, he answered all my questions and the most important thing was that heunderstood the style I wanted. I wanted to change the shape of my chin not making it too big, and I wanted it to be done with my own bone, not with implant. I showed him some pictures of the style I like and he understood it fully and I can already tell that he made it just the right way.

I also had a consultation for my forehead reduction with Dr. Moon Hyung Suk. I hated my big wide forehead butwas doubt about having this surgery because of the scarring but after Dr. Moon’s consultation I’ve decided to go through it.

The next consultation was with Dr. Koo Hyun Kook about upper lip lift surgery a.k.a Philtrum reduction. Dr. Koo advised me to have a lip cornet lift as well because mine was a little low and now I can see it was a good advice.

What I liked about DA so much is that there are many doctors each specializing in their own area. Also I was so worried about the safety (I think many people considering ps do) but in DA everybody was so professional so I made my choice.

It’s been almost one month after my surgery and I still have some swelling. But I am already happy with my results.

56AAC4B1-FE0C-4F91-B3CF-882DD358B8C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, your zygoma reduction looks amazing! I'm glad you had a good experience. Do you mind sharing how much your procedures were? I'm interested in getting some sort of facial contouring done myself. I've never heard of DA. is it popular among locals?

Hi, your zygoma reduction looks amazing! I'm glad you had a good experience. Do you mind sharing how much your procedures were? I'm interested in getting some sort of facial contouring done myself. I've never heard of DA. is it popular among locals?
Yes I think it is rather popular, because Korean friends recommended me to visit the clinic and on my consultation and surgery day there were mostly locals around but I saw some foreigners too

Today marks the 50th day after my surgery.

Last week I visited the clinic to meet with my doctors to check if my recovery process goes well and they told everything is good. We also did some before and after X-ray scans so I was able to see all the changes made on my bones.

Though I still have some minor swelling in my cheek area and scars after the bullhorn and forehead reduction are still visible without makeup but I definitely can tell that I love how the surgery results turned out and I am pleased with my face shape now.
Zygoma was my biggest concern and now it is not visible at all. I like how the chin and jawline turned out too. I like my new lip shape, I just love everything.

I don’t think that the surgery is something that can change you or give you the new life but it is something that can make you feel more comfortable and confident with yourself and give you one more little thing to be happy with, as it did to me.
I love the results and I’m glad I chose DA

F4B70229-6021-4481-8279-39ECBBC3265E.jpeg
A2833206-64D8-4D9F-BDE2-AC084B7EA2EB.jpeg

I always hated my face counter especially huge wide cheekbones so since middle school I always had my hair loosen and never tided up my hair up. I thought about making my cheekbones less visible, tried different make up styles, massages and so on. I wasn’t thinking about having a surgery because it is almost impossible to get a good quality bone surgery in my country, it is really expensive and give uneven results.

After moving to Korea for my studies, I started considering surgery. But it was just thought until I lost weight. My cheekbones and square jaw became even more visible.

I started my research and looked through hundreds and hundreds reviews and before and after photos at Korean ps apps. I’ve picked up several clinics specializing in facial contouring and had some consultations. I wanted the maximum reduction of my cheekbones, light reduction of the jaw angles and slimmer chin. In some places they told me that my cheekbones can be reduced but not completely, in others they told that I need an implant in my chin because it is too small, but I didn’t want implant I wanted it to be done with my own bone. In some places they didn’t want to do higher lip lift (it is called bullhorn?) the same time, in others I simply didn’t like the doctor, the clinic, the staff and so on.

DA was in my list too because they are famous for their facial contouring and I liked their beautiful results. Also a lot of my Korean friends recommended me to have a consultation in DA. And... I’ve decided to do my consultation there and booked a surgery date the same day.

It is always said that you must like the doctors and trust them. I felt that I can trust Dr. Lee Dong Chan who proceeded my facial bone surgery. He was so friendly and professional explaining everything about the surgery I was going to have, he answered all my questions and the most important thing was that heunderstood the style I wanted. I wanted to change the shape of my chin not making it too big, and I wanted it to be done with my own bone, not with implant. I showed him some pictures of the style I like and he understood it fully and I can already tell that he made it just the right way.

I also had a consultation for my forehead reduction with Dr. Moon Hyung Suk. I hated my big wide forehead butwas doubt about having this surgery because of the scarring but after Dr. Moon’s consultation I’ve decided to go through it.

The next consultation was with Dr. Koo Hyun Kook about upper lip lift surgery a.k.a Philtrum reduction. Dr. Koo advised me to have a lip cornet lift as well because mine was a little low and now I can see it was a good advice.

What I liked about DA so much is that there are many doctors each specializing in their own area. Also I was so worried about the safety (I think many people considering ps do) but in DA everybody was so professional so I made my choice.

It’s been almost one month after my surgery and I still have some swelling. But I am already happy with my results.

View attachment 4565271
Hi there,
I am looking to have my upper lip lifted. I see you have it done. May I ask how much did you pay for just the lip lift?

Hi there,
I am looking to have my upper lip lifted. I see you have it done. May I ask how much did you pay for just the lip lift?
I had a surgery on several parts and decided to go through it right the consultation day so I got some discount. I can't remember the exact amount for the lip lift, but I think it was something about 5 million won.

Hi!

Do you mind sharing your experiences re forehead reduction with Dr Moon? Like how is the recovery like? I want to do it but there isn’t much review about it here. Thanks :smile:))

no problem :smile:

The forehead reduction was not my first choice, because i was afraid of scarring, but i decided to go through it after the consultation.
Dr Moon explained that he makes the cut following the hairline to make the scar less visible. It is possible to reduce the forehead up to 3cm, as i remember. I didn't want to have a small forehead, i wanted it to become more balanced-looking, so we cut 1cm.

There was some reduction of sensetivity of the sculp near the cut line during the first month, but by the second month it became normal again. (Dr Moon explained that the more you cut the stronger this sense is, but dissapears after the rehabilitation anyway)
What about the scar, it is not visible at all with make up, but still a little bit notiseable with bare face (It is not a problem if you have a bangs)
It tends to become less and less visible over time, so i don't worry.

Hi lsln, thanks for sharing ! I am thinking of doing Philtrum reduction as well. is the recovery painful ? do you think it worth it?

I am planing to go on Feb 3rd 2020 and going back to work on the 14th.. which is kinda tight on timing.

If you do not mind, can you please pm me the price they quote you for the lip lifting? dream quote me 3200000 which is kinda high and I am not happy with the attitude they have, still looking around.

Thanks !

Can we also see before and after pic of forehead please? Considering getting mine done and have consulted with ID clinic but I’m still looking for better options. Glad you are happy with results. Xo

View attachment 4565271
neat! your zygoma looks totally different!