My engagement ring upgrade !!!!

Machick333 it's such a hard decision! I still really love the look of the halo (esp the Victor Canera ones) but I'm happy that I went with the simple setting in the end. I think the diamond looks bigger in this setting. For me it came down to the fact that I really didn't like the look of the halo stacked with another band (unless it was very thin) and I wanted to keep wearing my wedding band which is a thicker eternity band. So keeping the simple setting ended up being the right thing. I think I'd consider turning it into a 3 stone ring in the future (if I don't upgrade again - LOL).

Despite drooling over halos for a really long time it just wasn't me in the end... It really comes down to personal preference but I think your ring will look amazing in either setting!

WOW! That is an absolutely gorgeous stone; congratulations on your upgrade! I don't have any suggestions for a setting, although I Personally lean toward a plain shank, no halo and stacking bands. But I agree with Swanky that you ought to wait until you find a setting you just cannot live without. You will know when you see one!

Hey ! You know , it was your ring which first had me thinkin "upgrade!" Lol working with leon mege, did you have to be in nyc? My sister lives close so I figure I could always meet with him , but then would he mail me the ring ? What you said about leaving it as is until I see something I can't live without sounds good! I feel I was rushing to reset before our anniversary , but maybe I will just enjoy it as is for awhile !

Leon, Victor and Steven Kirsch all work well from afar. It IS easier to meet them in person first but if you can't that's fine.

Hey ! You know , it was your ring which first had me thinkin "upgrade!" Lol working with leon mege, did you have to be in nyc? My sister lives close so I figure I could always meet with him , but then would he mail me the ring ? What you said about leaving it as is until I see something I can't live without sounds good! I feel I was rushing to reset before our anniversary , but maybe I will just enjoy it as is for awhile !

I happened to be in NYC and met with him. I'd totally trust him to talk it out with me via email though as well :yes:
He shipped mine via Brinks about 5 weeks later! :love:

Don't rush!

Machick333 it's such a hard decision! I still really love the look of the halo (esp the Victor Canera ones) but I'm happy that I went with the simple setting in the end. I think the diamond looks bigger in this setting. For me it came down to the fact that I really didn't like the look of the halo stacked with another band (unless it was very thin) and I wanted to keep wearing my wedding band which is a thicker eternity band. So keeping the simple setting ended up being the right thing. I think I'd consider turning it into a 3 stone ring in the future (if I don't upgrade again - LOL).

Despite drooling over halos for a really long time it just wasn't me in the end... It really comes down to personal preference but I think your ring will look amazing in either setting!

I remember you posted you halo, is it still somewhere on tpf? I'd like to take a look again :smile:

Lol re upgrading again, your ring is amazing !

Three stone also intrigues me :smile:

WOW! That is an absolutely gorgeous stone; congratulations on your upgrade! I don't have any suggestions for a setting, although I Personally lean toward a plain shank, no halo and stacking bands. But I agree with Swanky that you ought to wait until you find a setting you just cannot live without. You will know when you see one!

A thanks so much ! And yes, decided to wait until I find the perfect setting !

It's gorgeous :loveeyes: I need my sunglasses to look at this sparkly rock :sunnies
I wouldn't change a thing. It's lovely the way it is now :love:

Xoxo thanks so much !!!

Holy Moley!!!! What a stunner that is!!! Gorgeous gorgeous ring, congratulations and enjoy in good health! Wow!!!!

Thanks so much ! So happy with it !

Absolutely gorgeous! A beautiful stone, looks stunning on your hand!! Congrats.

Thanks so much !!! A few more weeks until our anniversary and I can wear it daily :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
:drool::faint: AMAZING!!! I would leave it as is, the stone is absolutely beautiful and needs nothing else!!! Congrats ~ wear it in good health!!!

Great job Ame ~ if I ever find myself diamond shopping I am coming to you for help! :smile: