My DES experience w/Dr. Hyun Suk Kim @ Thank You Plastic surgery

goodxkarma

May 8, 2024
Purseforum has helped me a lot on my DES revision journey to Korea so I wanted to return the favor & share my experience/photos! It’s been a little over a month since my surgery & I am absolutely over the moon with my results.

CONSULATION
Although you’re supposed to consult with multiple clinics, I just knew I wanted to get mine done by Dr. Hyun Suk Kim so thank you was my top & only choice, after tons of research of course. I reached out what’s app & connected with Chloe who’s a star. I’m Korean American but don’t speak it too well so she really helped explain things that I don’t fully understand. She made the process so seamless & I immediately felt comfortable with her. I had my consultation right before my surgery because I knew I wasn’t going anywhere else + I was short on time. Dr. Kim’s beside manner is very professional & articulate. I asked for symmetry in my eyelids, semi outline, larger eyes towards the end with a lateral canthoplasty, & I wanted an overall cat eye look as opposed to the round/cute appearance many Koreans have. After making multiple lines on my eyes, I chose the eyelid that was I liked best & he started marking me up. Another thing I wanted to point out is Dr. Kim is honest. After seeing my eyes in person, there were unnecessary add ons that he didn’t think I needed so my final price was actually much lower than my quote. Things like that made me confident in my choice to go to him.

SURGERY
Right after my consultation, I paid, changed & I was set to go for my procedure. I never waited too long for anything so they run a tight ship. I was awake during surgery, but whatever anesthetic they used had me so calm, happy and honestly euphoric🤭 I’ve had surgeries before but I never felt a sense of peace like I had in their anesthesia haha I was on cloud 9. No pain, just slight tugging, and asking me to open/close my eyes multiple times. Chloe told me my surgery took an hour & I was sent to the recovery room. After about 30 minutes I felt fine & went to my airbnb to rest.

HEALING PROCESS
This was the toughest part of the journey, as it always is. Not because of the pain but because my eyes were so swollen/bruised! Compared to other photos of people having minor swelling, my eyes were completely the opposite. However, I could tell my eyelids were even & stitches were flawless so I stayed patient & followed post op care. After I got my stitches taken out on the 10th day, my healing process was sooo fast, my mom and I were shocked at how fast it healed. Suffice to say, trust the process, don’t compare, & be patient! Easier said than done I know, but everybody’s healing is different :smile:

CURRENTLY
As I mentioned, it’s been exactly one month and 9 days since my surgery & to say I’m pleased is an understatement. I absolutely love my results. I’m sure there’s still lots of swelling but I can not be more ecstatic. Dr. Kim gave me exactly what I asked for, he made my eyes look like me, but better. A coworker even asked me which clinic I went to when she saw my results. The after photo was taken a little under a month. I will update with my 3 month pic when the time comes :smile:

CONCLUSION
I highly recommend considering Thank You as one of the clinics you have your consultation at. I know there are many great options in Korea (my sister actually had hers done at the same time at 1mm & her results are also great) so you have to choose what’s best for you! But I am so happy I chose thank you PS. Please let me know if you have any questions! I know how daunting the process can be and I’m an open book. Best of luck on your journey!

Attachments

• IMG_3439.jpeg
    IMG_3439.jpeg
    702.3 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: desertjuniper
Purseforum has helped me a lot on my DES revision journey to Korea so I wanted to return the favor & share my experience/photos! It’s been a little over a month since my surgery & I am absolutely over the moon with my results.

CONSULATION
Although you’re supposed to consult with multiple clinics, I just knew I wanted to get mine done by Dr. Hyun Suk Kim so thank you was my top & only choice, after tons of research of course. I reached out what’s app & connected with Chloe who’s a star. I’m Korean American but don’t speak it too well so she really helped explain things that I don’t fully understand. She made the process so seamless & I immediately felt comfortable with her. I had my consultation right before my surgery because I knew I wasn’t going anywhere else + I was short on time. Dr. Kim’s beside manner is very professional & articulate. I asked for symmetry in my eyelids, semi outline, larger eyes towards the end with a lateral canthoplasty, & I wanted an overall cat eye look as opposed to the round/cute appearance many Koreans have. After making multiple lines on my eyes, I chose the eyelid that was I liked best & he started marking me up. Another thing I wanted to point out is Dr. Kim is honest. After seeing my eyes in person, there were unnecessary add ons that he didn’t think I needed so my final price was actually much lower than my quote. Things like that made me confident in my choice to go to him.

SURGERY
Right after my consultation, I paid, changed & I was set to go for my procedure. I never waited too long for anything so they run a tight ship. I was awake during surgery, but whatever anesthetic they used had me so calm, happy and honestly euphoric🤭 I’ve had surgeries before but I never felt a sense of peace like I had in their anesthesia haha I was on cloud 9. No pain, just slight tugging, and asking me to open/close my eyes multiple times. Chloe told me my surgery took an hour & I was sent to the recovery room. After about 30 minutes I felt fine & went to my airbnb to rest.

HEALING PROCESS
This was the toughest part of the journey, as it always is. Not because of the pain but because my eyes were so swollen/bruised! Compared to other photos of people having minor swelling, my eyes were completely the opposite. However, I could tell my eyelids were even & stitches were flawless so I stayed patient & followed post op care. After I got my stitches taken out on the 10th day, my healing process was sooo fast, my mom and I were shocked at how fast it healed. Suffice to say, trust the process, don’t compare, & be patient! Easier said than done I know, but everybody’s healing is different :smile:

CURRENTLY
As I mentioned, it’s been exactly one month and 9 days since my surgery & to say I’m pleased is an understatement. I absolutely love my results. I’m sure there’s still lots of swelling but I can not be more ecstatic. Dr. Kim gave me exactly what I asked for, he made my eyes look like me, but better. A coworker even asked me which clinic I went to when she saw my results. The after photo was taken a little under a month. I will update with my 3 month pic when the time comes :smile:

CONCLUSION
I highly recommend considering Thank You as one of the clinics you have your consultation at. I know there are many great options in Korea (my sister actually had hers done at the same time at 1mm & her results are also great) so you have to choose what’s best for you! But I am so happy I chose thank you PS. Please let me know if you have any questions! I know how daunting the process can be and I’m an open book. Best of luck on your journey!
Thank you for the detailed review! Your eyes look beautiful! Is this your primary DES? How many mm and did doc mentioned if he does dynamic or static?
Wishing you a smooth and swift recovery!

Thank you for the detailed review! Your eyes look beautiful! Is this your primary DES? How many mm and did doc mentioned if he does dynamic or static?
Wishing you a smooth and swift recovery!
Thank you! No this is my second DES, primary was done 10 years ago in LA. Dr. Kim mentioned the mm during consultation but I’m afraid I can’t remember 😅 and not sure if it’s dynamic/static.. first time hearing those terms. Is that similar to incisional/non-incisional? Of so, I had incisional

• Thanks
Reactions: germxl
Thank you! No this is my second DES, primary was done 10 years ago in LA. Dr. Kim mentioned the mm during consultation but I’m afraid I can’t remember 😅 and not sure if it’s dynamic/static.. first time hearing those terms. Is that similar to incisional/non-incisional? Of so, I had incisional
I dm'd you