My cuticles are so dry ....

So I work a hospital and all day long I'm constantly using Purell and washing my hands like every 30 minutes. By doing that my hands have become so dry. No matter how much lotion I use nothing works. My cuticles are so bad. I always pick at em when I'm bored and at times they end up bleeding. Anyone know any kind of lotion or anything that I can bring with me to work to help my dry cuticles?

At night or when you have a change try Solar Oil is a cuticle softener and nail conditioner, I now that you are not suppose to cut your cuticles but I think it would help you a lot just try to maintain a good manicure !!!

I would push the cuticles down & cut them - Just get rid of them. In the evening / when you have time, gently exfoliate your hands for the natural oils & put on a hand moisturizing mask or slather on an effective hand cream.

Suprisingly, I have found Cliniques Water Therapy Moisture Glove Hand Cream to work extremely well. It doesn't look or smell fancy, but it definetly does the job! (I too will need to stock up on this :amuse:)

Use daily & whenever you can.

I have really dry cuticles too. I use both Solar oil and Burt's Bees lemon butter. I use the Solar Oil in the morning and carry the Burt's Bees in my purse and use if I think about it. If I'm diligent I can stay on top of it but looking at my cuticles right now... well I haven't been very diligent. Off to get my Solar Oil.

Can you use a non-scented anti-bacterial lotion? I work in healthcare and that is what I switched to when Purell dried out my nails. I am not as "hands on" as a nurse though, so I am not sure if that will work. If you can't switch to lotion, use cutical oil on your breaks and after work. Cutting cuticles usually leads to hang nails in my experience.

lush lemony flutter is what i used to swear by, but i don't care for the super strong lemon scent or the greasy feeling.

i recently discovered vaseline healthy hands & nails, which can be purchased at a drugstore and comes in two sizes - the large bottle and a small tube, perfect for your purse or work bag. the vaseline healthy hands & nails works wonders on my cuticles IMMEDIATELY and soaks in quickly, so your fingertips don't sit there feeling icky. i would highly reccommend it!

i've only been using it a little over two weeks. it worked immediately (i put it on as i was waiting for the bus, the second i came out of the store) and i've kept it in my medicine cabinet and put it on after i shower every few days and my cuticles look (and more importantly, feel) great. no more dryness or those horrible little cuts i get when the skin splits.

Can you use a non-scented anti-bacterial lotion? I work in healthcare and that is what I switched to when Purell dried out my nails. I am not as "hands on" as a nurse though, so I am not sure if that will work. If you can't switch to lotion, use cutical oil on your breaks and after work. Cutting cuticles usually leads to hang nails in my experience.

Yeah I've had the same experience with cutting them. Just leads to more hang nails. Since working there I've always used that anti-bacterial lotion and it does nothing for me. I'll mos def look into that Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. Available at Wal-Mart etc.?

In addition to cuticle cream and hand lotion during the day, I've found that applying those at night and wearing cotton gloves when I sleep has helped my hands immensely. I use Kiehl's brand hand lotion and cuticle cream.