My boutique doesn't carry certain items considered "high fashion"?

StupidLamb

May 21, 2010
I went in yesterday wanting to see the crimson madison shoulder bag and was told they don't carry it in the store because it's a high fashion item? But they had the croc audrey before it went to the outlets. I don't understand.

Same here. The boutique that's 5 mins from my house has the "regular" merchandise, but there's another in Boston that has the "fashion" merchandise. It's a quick drive, but parking is a nightmare! It would be so nice if they all had the same stuff!!!

^I agree it makes no sense whatsoever. My regular boutique had the croc audrey and I was surprised that they did. However, they never got in any of the XL croc maggies. I don't undterstand their reasoning :confused1:

My stores got the crimson bags and the croc Audrey, but never get any of the Hamptons AND I was told they're not getting the Kristin in tea rose.......that the "fashion" stores and flagship stores get all those. I never get to see any of the rare colors or LE stuff IRL; I always have to order sight unseen. It's crazy.

My store basically gets nothing in (they did not get tearose anything or the bone gathered sophia) but they DID have a crimson shoulder bag. So that makes no sense, unless someone ordered it and returned it? :shrugs:

My store normally has regular items, but they did have the shoulder bags (Black,Brown, and Crimson) before they sold out. One thing about my regular that stands out is that they have most shoe selection in Michigan.

My boutique received the Sophia embossed python but in grey only, not the other colors. They did not receive the Sophia flower bag or Hamptons...think those went to flagship only. My boutique used to be a "flagship" store and now they are a "fashion" store. It is so odd because the store in Bellevue, Wa is a flagship store and they are tiny...they don't even sell shoes. Yet my store in Charlotte, NC is fairly good sized and sells shoes but are not flagship. I think it all depends on the amount of sales they generate and not necessarily the size of the store. Then the stores receive merchandise accordingly to their classification. From what I can figure out the "fashion" boutiques are lower than the flagship but higher than "regular" stores.