My Baby Is Real!!!

*jazzybelle*

Viva Vuitton!
O.G.
May 28, 2006
I visited the fantastic freestanding Louis Vuitton store in Chevy Chase, Maryland this afternoon and a great SA authenticated my new baby for me - a black Epi Jasmin! (I won't post photos because you've all seen this bag and besides, my camera is crappy.) The SA was so impressed by my knowledge of LV that she even offered me a job! If only I could make the hour-long commute on a part-time basis...

Anyway, this Jasmin was one of the gargantuan steals to be found on eBay every once in a blue moon - I paid a measly $414.00 for it with S&H and it's in mint condition. :love:

Oh and by the way, for you NBA followers - LEBRON JAMES WAS IN THE BOUTIQUE AT THE SAME TIME THAT I WAS!!! For those who don't know who he is, he plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers and is one of the top 5 standout players in the league right now. People are calling him the next Michael Jordan! Anyway, ordinarily chatterbox me didn't do anything other than make eye contact with him (which he returned) and smile because the store environment was so subdued I was embarassed at the thought of throwing myself at his feet and asking for an autograph. But I kicked myself all the way home for at least not walking up to him and saying hello!!! :cry:

LeBron walked straight over to the shoe section with two guys I think were his bodyguards (who were shorter than he was, of course, but still pretty hefty) and two other scrawnier guys that I think were just friends. When he walked in, I was actually just picking up the SA's card who helped me and getting ready to leave, so I didn't want to hang around the store and look like a groupie, lol. I pretty much just admired the trunks for another minute or so and he and his entourage walked behind me and around to another section of the store and I took one more look at him, sighed and left. :hrmm:

OMG :nuts: I wish you took pics. It's okay though because I acted the same way when I met Jerry Rice except that I shook his hand and took pics with him. :P He asked me how I was doing and I was just staring at him like an idiot. The whole time I was thinking "Oh my gosh, I just met the best wide receiver that ever lived and a future hall of famer " :lol:

Anyway, Congrats on the authentic jasmin. :biggrin:

bjc said:
Can I ask how it went having the SA authenticate a bag? Did you tell her you got it off ebay?
The SA was nice from the very beginning. I told her I wanted to look around but asked if she could authenticate a bag for me while I did. I said I'd bought it on consignment because it hadn't been available on eLuxury when I wanted it (a lie) and I didn't know there was an LV store so close by (sort of the truth). She said sure and laid it out right away and within 30 seconds told me it was real. She said, "Good job!" :P