My baby Ebbie =(

Yay it sounds like Ebbie is feeling better! Dogs have bad days and good days as they age, just like people. Extra doggie love coming your way!

She's still really confused and disoriented and running into things and spooking at everything but she's taking her treats and I am still getting a few semi tail wags.

I forgot to ask the vet about baby aspirin. She's having strokes and I was wondering if that might help thin her blood out a little, but he didn't mention it. I might call him in the morning and ask if that will help???

Thanks so much everyone!

Hi irishlass, my thoughts are with you and Ebbie. You just be confident that you'll know what's best when it's best. You two enjoy your night together and a better day tomorrow, k.

:hugs:

I'm sooo glad Ebbie is feeling better. That's wonderful news.

As far as the strokes and baby aspirin. My dog had a series of strokes a couple of years ago and after the first light stroke my vet told me to give him aspirin. Two days later he had more strokes and we took him to the animal hospital right away. He was taken to the ICU and the blood testing clearly showed that the aspirin had an effect on his blood levels (after only two days).

We broght him home after a week and it took about two months to recover fully (he couldn't even walk alone when we brought him home). Since then he has to take a blood thinner. It is called Karsivan here in Europe. I don't know if it has the same name in the US, but there is a blood thinner for pets.

My parents Golden was a little disoriented and slow due to his age and he was prescribed Karsivan, too. It was amazing to see how he acted years younger after two or three weeks.

I am so sorry you have to go through that! You and Ebbie will both be in my thoughts. I did read through the thread, and I saw the update, Im so happy she is with you. I wish her good health, and a long life ahead of her!