*** my 2nd pair with my bunions ***

musicscrip

Smiley
Jan 30, 2009
I must say I am super excited for my 2nd pair but at the same time a little worried...I have bunions! I had them since I was a child and buying shoes had never been easy for me.

My first pair was gold gressimo for my wedding last year and it fit very comfortably. Now my husband just got me my 2nd pair and they are very tight on me.

My qutions is:
Do any of you ladies have bunions and Simple fit OK after a while? I know it will still sting a little but hopefully not as much. I am wearing them as I am typing this...hahaha

Attachments

• 1917375638.jpg
    1917375638.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 1,179
Gorgeous!!!!
I do not have bunions but the patent will stretch will wear. If they're really tight, I would try the hairdryer trick and wear them around the house for a bit after that. They should stretch.
you can even try a shoe stretcher for a couple days (that worked on my Alti's to widen the toe box)

I have simples and bunions from childhood, too so I feel your pain. Mine have given me zero problems but they are regular nappa rather than patent. I have several patent CLs though and find that every pair I have ever had has stretched with wear and I have never had pain associated with my fugly feet. You can see my gorgeous bunions pretty clearly in all of my modeling pics if it helps. Your new pair is lovely and I hope you are able to make them work.

I feel ya girl! I've struggled with them all my life, now considering getting them fixed but then I'd have to go months without being able to wear CLs. eek!

Anyway, I find simples to be the most comfy cause the toebox is roomier than most other styles. I can't wear nearly 80% of the styles cause they just don't fit me right. If I size up to accommodate for the extra width, the length is too long :sad:

I must say I am super excited for my 2nd pair but at the same time a little worried...I have bunions! I had them since I was a child and buying shoes had never been easy for me.

My first pair was gold gressimo for my wedding last year and it fit very comfortably. Now my husband just got me my 2nd pair and they are very tight on me.

My qutions is:
Do any of you ladies have bunions and Simple fit OK after a while? I know it will still sting a little but hopefully not as much. I am wearing them as I am typing this...hahaha

Try buying some Lambs Wool to pad the area ... it REALLY helps. Or Mole Skin although I haven't tried it many of the girls say it helps. You can get Lambs Wool at CVS or Rite Aid

I love these on you! And the Chanel! :drool:

I do not have bunions (yet... worried they'll develop with my every-day-heel-wearing habit) so I cannot comment on that, sorry!

my sister uses the bunion attachment on her shoe stretchers and she says it helps a lot. She says her bunions are bad but Ive never looked at hers. As for me I'm starting to develop baby ones so I have been making sure to stretch my shoes (I do it without the attachment) and take care that they aren't rubbing the area. I don't want them to get any worse but I want to keep wearing my shoes:biggrin:
I love the simples and my patent stretched so I do think they will fit ok after a while.

If you have had bunions since childhood, likely your feet have some form of congenital laxity (meaning the ligaments in your feet are loose). This means that the bunions are more due to how your feet bones are shifting. Make sure you just stretch the toe boxes well so that there is the least amount of pressure on your toes or your big toe will shift more over time and thus a bigger bunion. I have also had bunions since childhood. The best way to maintain your feet is to do feet exercises to maintain the muscles (like standing on those things that look like half balls and practicing balance). Stay away from wearing flip flops too much and make sure between your heels you are wearing a good supportive shoe to keep your feet from splaying even further. If you don't take care of your feet, they can get worse to the point you can't wear heels anymore.

Hello bunion twin!!! lol i've had these issues as well! Everything fits eventually for me except for certain d'orsays that make mine stick out. My tips: i take vaseline or even baseball glove oil and rub it inside on the areas where i have bunions, then i take a really hot blow dryer to those areas on the inside- only for about 20 seconds are a time. Then put them on right away. I put the vaseline on every time i wear them and it helps to speed up the break-in process!

Hello bunion twin!!! lol i've had these issues as well! Everything fits eventually for me except for certain d'orsays that make mine stick out. My tips: i take vaseline or even baseball glove oil and rub it inside on the areas where i have bunions, then i take a really hot blow dryer to those areas on the inside- only for about 20 seconds are a time. Then put them on right away. I put the vaseline on every time i wear them and it helps to speed up the break-in process!
I'll try that tomorrow!

I do have a small bunion on my right feet (I thought i was the only one lol) and my simples hurt after a few hours. They have to stretch more so they'll fit better.

I'm so glad I saw this thread! I have bunions from childhood too (I blame my grandma's genes lol) and I thought I was doomed for CLs! I have yet to get a pair, but this gives me hope now!

How have they stretched OP?