My 1st Pair of Chanel Sunnies - What do You Think?

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I had a fairly large return yesterday and had seen these sunglasses a while ago and fell in love with them. I just couldn't bring myself to spend nearly $400 on a pair of sunglasses tho -- most of my Sunnies come from the Rack, where I pay around $70 for a pair! So I decided that as long as I was making the return, I'd use part of my refund towards them. At least this way, I'm not dishing out $400+, just getting back $400 less!!

When I first saw these back in July, they had them in a few different colors -- this was the color I tried on and fell in love with tho. Yesterday, these were the very last pair in this style. The SAs all seemed to go "gaga" over these, saying how these were their favorite Chanel sunnies.

So, what do you guys think? Are these worth the $400?? I don't know much about Sunnies except that they protect my eyes from the sun, but these seem pretty nice -- the lenses are even inconspicuously imprinted with "chanel" and the ID #, which I found pretty cool!! I just love the multi-colored letters on the side and the frame color is one of my favs (I have another pair of amethyst colored glasses from MJ!)

The SA said that these are part of the "Smiley" collection, altho I can't find anything online about them -- The style no is 5138 (the receipt even says "Smile"). I found a couple of places online that have Chanel sunnies, including these (altho not this color), for about $100 less, but I have no idea if those places are legit or if their glasses are authentic.

BTW -- I LOVE the quilted leather case that the sunnies come in!! (but surprised that they don't come with cleaning cloths)

cs2.jpg

cs3.jpg

Congrats! I love this design.

Chanel sunnies are definitely worth the $. I have a pair from last year and since then, all my other sunnies are just sitting in my draws.

^^The SA said the same thing when I was trying to decide for sure -- Chanel glasses will last a lifetime and they are TOTALLY worth it. I know I would never take $400 out of pocket & spend it on sunglasses, but because I had a return it didn't seem so bad -- a part of me still thinks "that's $400 I could use towards a new bag"!!

Are Chanel sunglasses all that they're cracked up to be, or could I get just a nice a pair (or better) from the Rack for about 3/4 that price???

(it's really the color and the cute lettering on the side that drew me to these in the first place!)

Im actually thinking in buying the same sunglasses but in black. They are 440 dlls here in mexico so Im probably going to wait until I go to NYC next month and get them as a birthday present if I dont find the Miu Miu bag that I want.

I love those sunglasses because I think they are "Chanel Classy, Fun and Chic" hope you keep them and rock them ;)

If you love them and they look good on you, they're worth it! For me, sunglasses (think large, oversized) are one of my signature pieces. I am willing to pay quite a bit if I love them. :smile:

Thanks for the all the encouraging words everyone!
I know its the lettering on the side that drew me to these -- they remind me of little candy letters or something -- they're just so darned cute!!