My 1st Chloe- nutmeg paraty!

I carry the bag both ways and they are both pretty comfortable. To be honest, the bag isn't super heavy but it was heavier than I expected, maybe because the leather is quite thick. I think it's a tad lighter than my Balenciaga Giant City. I've carried the bag non-stop since I received it, and I haven't had any weight-related problems.

Thanks, everyone, for all of the compliments!

Thanks for your reply! ;) I'm actually considering between the Balenciaga Giant City and Chloe Paraty. Which do you prefer in terms of looks, functionality and leather durability? Thanks again!!

Hi Mellee! - I let go of my black paraty (which I still think is stunning!). I realized after buying & returning so many black bags with gold hw that warmer neutrals suit me better. I bought the caramel paraty (is it Saks version of nutmeg?). I really love this bag so much & love how the hw blends into the bag. I really loved my black one too & wish I could keep both, but since I can only have one I went for the caramel. I also got it for 10% off, so I am happy about that!

Thanks for your reply! ;) I'm actually considering between the Balenciaga Giant City and Chloe Paraty. Which do you prefer in terms of looks, functionality and leather durability? Thanks again!!

I know you were directing this towards Mellee, but I will offer my opinion:smile:.I have never had a Bal bag but that may be next on my list! They are so nice looking. Personally I love the paraty, it is classy & very well made. The leather is so durable & smells divine! I really feel like I have a quality bag that will last years & just get better with use.

The paraty does not have extra pockets, just the inside zipper, but what I love about it is the look of the hw, the gorgeous leather, the way it breaks in so nicely, how it can be worn 4 ways - on the crook of your arm, with the small straps on shoulder, long strap on shoulder & crossbody.

Can you try both of them on in stores? The paraty is not too heavy but not too light either. I don't fill my bags too much, so I guess if you fill them they will be heavier. Good luck & let us know what you decide on!

Hi Mellee! - I let go of my black paraty (which I still think is stunning!). I realized after buying & returning so many black bags with gold hw that warmer neutrals suit me better. I bought the caramel paraty (is it Saks version of nutmeg?). I really love this bag so much & love how the hw blends into the bag. I really loved my black one too & wish I could keep both, but since I can only have one I went for the caramel. I also got it for 10% off, so I am happy about that!

Congrats on the caramel paraty!!....and sad that you gave up the black paraty, of course, as it looked so beautiful on you. Are you going to post pics with your new paraty? I saw the caramel paraty on the saks website months ago and also wondered whether that color is the same as nutmeg! I don't think you'll regret trading the black for caramel/nutmeg...I find that the nutmeg color goes with absolutely everything!

Honestly, it would be impossible for me to give up either one. Totally different looks- the Giant City is more edgy whereas the Paraty is more elegant and feminine. I've used my Paraty non-stop since I got it, but I think in the long run, I'll reach for both bags an equal amount. I think both bags can suit many different occasions.

Functionality- they both hold about the same. I've never weighed the bags on a scale, but I think the Giant City weighs a bit more. I do notice their weight if I'm carrying them for a long time. Both are pretty versatile in the ways they can be carried (handheld, crook of arm, and shoulder). If you want a more lightweight option, maybe consider the regular hardware City.

With respect to durability, the Paraty leather is thicker and pebbled, so it's probably more durable. However, as long as you don't get a light color in the Giant City, it should wear pretty well too. My Giant City is in anthracite, so dirt doesn't really show up on it. I wore it non-stop for about 9 months and it still looks great!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, get both!! :biggrin:

Congrats on the caramel paraty!!....and sad that you gave up the black paraty, of course, as it looked so beautiful on you. Are you going to post pics with your new paraty? I saw the caramel paraty on the saks website months ago and also wondered whether that color is the same as nutmeg! I don't think you'll regret trading the black for caramel/nutmeg...I find that the nutmeg color goes with absolutely everything!

I loved the black & wish I could have kept both! I just felt the black/gold hw is too harsh on me. When I went to Saks & picked up the caramel color I felt like that warmer color was more me. The caramel color has a bit of spice/orange to it. I will definately post pics today!

I posted pictures in the "All about Paraty" thread. This color is perfect for me. I think it is the same as nutmeg. I miss my black paraty, but I think I made the right choice - I just love caramel colored bags!

First off, congratulation on your beautiful purchase! I'm so jealous!!!
I've been drooling over the Chloe Paraty for a while now. How much did you get yours for? And if anyone else can tell me the estimate price and the location you bought the bag at? I have been saving for months for this bag and would like to find a great deal.

Also, I'm 5'7" and 140lbs, should I get the medium or large? Thanks!

First off, congratulation on your beautiful purchase! I'm so jealous!!!
I've been drooling over the Chloe Paraty for a while now. How much did you get yours for? And if anyone else can tell me the estimate price and the location you bought the bag at? I have been saving for months for this bag and would like to find a great deal.

Also, I'm 5'7" and 140lbs, should I get the medium or large? Thanks!

Thanks! I actually got my paraty brand new for $1395 from HGbagsonline, a reputable website for authentic bags. In the US, I think the paraty retails for $1895 + tax. I personally like the proportions of the medium paraty but you should definitely try both in person!