Musette for travel / carryon?

janeytoo

O.G.
Nov 15, 2007
Hi there...

I was wondering if anyone uses their large Musette for carryon and/ or when travelling?
I am thinking about getting it in Damier and using the Musette as the only piece for the plane (for trip to Europe) and then using it as my everyday bag while there.

Also, do you think that the Damier straps are stiff and don't quite "break-in" like the vachetta leather? I guess I'm still trying to decide between the Damier and the Mono and if the Mono is more "comfy" accross the shoulder. The Mono seems kind of overwhelming on the large Musette in the pictures I've seen... So, I can't decide if this will work for me and how useful this will be as an everyday travel bag....

Any thoughts or suggestions would be so helpful ..... Thanks:smile:

I have the large Musette. IMO, it's fantastic for hands-free shopping. I carry on way too many magazines etc. so I don't use when I travel as a carry on.

The only thing that I don't like about the Musette is that the flap is so large that it almost hits you in the face when you open it. Other than that, I think it's a very useful bag to have.

If you're looking for a slouchy hands free bag, you might also want to look at the Denim Baggy GM (you'll need to purchase the long strap separately). It holds a lot.