Muse Two

Hello, ladies! Pardon me for stopping over from BV, nice to meet you all! ... I am seriously considering a used-in-good-condition medium multicolored Muse Two ... and I have a long strap lined up for it already if I should decide to get the bag. Some of you have commented about it being 'slouchy' ... I saw a pic online of it being pretty 'puddly' ... is this true for the medium?

I have another question, can't find the answer anywhere - is the medium Muse Two (tricolor - blue, pink, black, leather on canvas) from F/W 2008 buffalo leather or calf leather? PM me if that's easier.

Hello, ladies! Pardon me for stopping over from BV, nice to meet you all! ... I am seriously considering a used-in-good-condition medium multicolored Muse Two ... and I have a long strap lined up for it already if I should decide to get the bag. Some of you have commented about it being 'slouchy' ... I saw a pic online of it being pretty 'puddly' ... is this true for the medium?

my medium is a little bit more structured than large. Large is larger (duh :P), and the handle carries longer body and is slouches nicely, medium keeps its shape better....although both Muses I have are made of nubuck, so I do not have experience with just leather Muse II

I have another question, can't find the answer anywhere - is the medium Muse Two (tricolor - blue, pink, black, leather on canvas) from F/W 2008 buffalo leather or calf leather? PM me if that's easier.

I do not know this for a fact, but I know that they stopped using buffalo earlier than 2008...I will look around some posts from before and get back to you

OK, here is the explanation related to Muse not Muse II, but I think it applies well

it was posted by former YSL mod Cosmopolitan, in this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-sai...uffalo-vs-calfskin-muse-side-side-534570.html

2005/2006 BUFFALO MUSES -- These were the earliest Muses and they were made with genuine buffalo. The buffalo was beautiful, light, soft, and very slouchy. But it was thin and very prone to color fade and showing wear. The buffalo Muses looked distressed and vintage-y in a short period of time. (I suspect that YSL stopped using the buffalo because of complaints about the quality and wear and tear.)

POST-2007 CALFSKIN MUSES -- All leather Muses after 2006 or so have been made with calfskin as far as I know. YSL has treated and grained the calf leather to make it resemble buffalo (Sometimes these Muses are even called "buffalo" on YSL.com or by unknowledgable SAs, but they are not.) The calfskin is thicker, sturdier, more durable than the buffalo was. It does not seem easily prone to getting water marks or scratches on it.

If you search "buffalo and calf" in YSL forum search, you will find quite a few threads on this issue, Muse related, but I think it is the same here

Bubbleoba in a post from Feb 2012, confirmed that YSk stopped making buffalo bags in 2006

By the way, why pardon for stopping by ??? WELCOME and great to meet you indiaink :biggrin:

vesna, thank you so much for your warm welcome and for the informative responses. I have, in fact, purchased the 'Miraslava' tricolor (actually four, if we're being picky). I know I'm late to the party, but I love the shape and multicolors of this bag.

Hi I am new here and have a question ~
I have a Muse 2 Medium Satchel in Grey but it is without the shoulder strap.
Anyone know if we can purchase the strap in Singapore boutique and the price?
Thank you very much !

Thank you very much !

Hi end welcome :biggrin: ...I do not know where to buy it, but I heard that Muse II straps are made in limited colours. Try searching tPF for some information, I will too and get back here if I find something

Thank you very much !

you can find black here for $195

http://www.cultstatus.com.au/product_view.php?id=1776

I have seen brown (with no top handle), red, hot pink , black and blue/gray with straps

I would call YSl boutiques from YSL website list of boutiques, closest to you and ask if they have, or know about availability, you might order from them over the phone, like I did - from Canada ordered from USA boutique because we do not have one.

vesna said:
you can find black here for $195

http://www.cultstatus.com.au/product_view.php?id=1776

I have seen brown (with no top handle), red, hot pink , black and blue/gray with straps

I would call YSl boutiques from YSL website list of boutiques, closest to you and ask if they have, or know about availability, you might order from them over the phone, like I did - from Canada ordered from USA boutique because we do not have one.

Thank you soooooo much for the information !!!

I'm really late on weighing in on this, but as far as I know, the Muse Two Multicolour (Miroslava combo-blue/pink/dark green) is buffalo leather, and it is untreated, so any water etc. will stain it very easily, and permanently, so keep this in mind when using your lovely bag! :smile:
Oh and the other tri-colour combinations are just referred to as tri-colour, the 'Miroslava' combo is just the blue/pink/green bag, it was named that as a Russian socialite (Miroslava Duma) popularised the bag ;)

Mandiiwong, I'd advise emailing Cultstatus (details were posted below), they ship internationally, and they are extremely helpful.

I'm new to TPF so can't post my question in a new thread but was also wondering about the "slouch factor" of the medium Muse Two...I am debating between the beige and python medium Muse Two and the same combo in the medium Cabas ChYc. I already have a gorgeous cerise Cabas ChYc so was thinking I'd expand my horizons with a Muse Two. BUT the potential for slouch at the top where the python is does concern me a lot. If it were regular leather there I might not care but I'm afraid that if there's a lot of slouchiness it could compromise the scales of the python?? Anyone have either python/beige leather bag? Thanks so much! I am in LOVE with YSL and love seeing all the posts and pix here!

vesna, thank you so much for your warm welcome and for the informative responses. I have, in fact, purchased the 'Miraslava' tricolor (actually four, if we're being picky). I know I'm late to the party, but I love the shape and multicolors of this bag.
Indiaink + Accessorized - I have a medium Muse II -- slouch factor isn't bad at all. I have a friend who has the large Muse II, and I noticed it's much sloucher than the medium. BUT when you're carrying it around, it doesn't matter, because as long as you hold it by the handle, it won't slouch as much - still looks chic. (does that make sense?)

Sidenote- when I'm not using it, I keep it stuffed with these plastic-air pouches (no idea what you call them) that my online seller generously used when shipping it to me. It helps it keep its shape, but again - don't need to worry about this being a huge concern. I've had mine for about two years and haven't used it too much (I'm neurotic about getting it dirty because it's beige) and it's held up really well!

And for the general discussion - I'd LOVVVEE to own a Celine bag one day (the luggage tote or the trapeize) but definitely don't think it takes the 'shine' away from the Muse II bags or any of the YSL purses. I think they can all fabulously coexist. While I have the Celine bags in the back of my head, it definitely doesn't take away from my desire for a YSL tribute or downtown tote!