Murphy to Be Slapped with Scary Suit

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
developing story. . . .

according to TMZ:
Scary Spice is going after Eddie Murphy in court, claiming he isn't owning up to his responsibility as a dad.
0801_eddie_bn_02.jpg

Melanie Brown will file a paternity suit against Murphy, according to ubiquitous lawyer Gloria Allred.

Allred will hold a news conference -- imagine that! -- claiming Murphy's conduct since learning Brown was pregnant was "shocking and appalling."

The DNA tests concluded he's the father so I don't know why he's being such a jerk and not stepping up to the plate. The longer he keeps digging in his heels the worse he just looks. . .

Good for her - I believe her when she says that the baby was planned and she deserves something for being ceremoniously dumped on TV!!

ITA, is he bipolar? I remember when they got together he was so happy and talking about how good they were together...and then all of a suuden, he was talking out his a$$.

its so sad, I cant ever look at him again it the same way!!!! so depressing when he is such a funny man. He has money why doesn't he throw some at her (not that she needs it, wasn't it said that each spice girl made a total of 1 billion dollars!) and scavenge anything that left of his dignity.

I am not quite sure what Mel B means by "he isn't owning up to his responsibility as a dad." If it's money that she wants, I am sure she'll get it (he is a biological father of her daughter after all).

This whole Scary/Murphy mess reminds me of the Liz Hurley/Steve Bing scandal. I don't know what Mel B. is trying to get out of this lawsuit but I quite like what Liz did - after DNA tests proved that Bing was the father, he agreed to offer financial support for the child but Liz said, and I quote: "The money is not wanted or welcome, Damian and I are managing very well by ourselves."

Melanie Brown, aka "Scary Spice," and her lawyer Gloria Allred stepped out for a press conference on Wednesday accusing Eddie Murphy of not doing "the right thing" in regard to Brown's baby.

Allred, who claims that Murphy "has not paid one penny of child support" for the former couple's daughter, said she plans to ask the court to award child support and "to decide what is reasonable."

Allred said she's filed a paternity suit against Murphy to legally establish that he is the father of their nearly 4-month-old daughter, Angel Iris Murphy Brown. "We've had communication with his attorney, and now we're moving forward," she said, adding that the papers are sealed because they concern a child.

"Murphy was promising to do the right thing, but to date he has not done the right thing," said Allred. "Mr. Murphy can have all the babies he chooses to have, but his responsibility needs to be to his own children. [Brown] is seeking sole physical and legal custody."

Still, Allred said Brown would be happy to arrange for Murphy to see his daughter regularly "like millions of parents do."

"He bought a big diamond ring for his new fianceé," added Allred, referring to Murphy's recent engagement to girlfriend Tracey Edmonds. "It is nice to be generous to others, but what about his own baby?"

Brown, wearing a white dress, told the gathered reporters, "I am here for one reason and one reason only – her name is Angel. Angel is my baby and Eddie's. She will always know that she was planned and wanted by both of us, but I want her to know that she has two parents who desire to be responsible for her during her life and who love her so much that they want to be a part of it."

A DNA test in June established that Murphy is the father, but "paternity has not been legally acknowledged," according to Allred.

Brown, 32, gave birth to the baby girl on April 3. She said from the beginning that Murphy, 46, was the father, but he initially questioned that claim. Murphy took the DNA test in June.

In a recent interview posted on Essence.com, Brown said the pregnancy was planned and that the couple had discussed getting married after the birth. "This wasn't some random, 'Oops I fell over and I'm pregnant.' I don't live my life like that," she said.

Murphy's rep had no comment.

Melanie Brown, aka Scary Spice, and her lawyer Gloria Allred, held a press conference on Wednesday.

Mel B on why she held a press conference: “I am here for one reason and one reason only – her name is Angel. Angel is my baby and Eddie’s. She will always know that she was planned and wanted by both of us, but I want her to know that she has two parents who desire to be responsible for her during her life and who love her so much that they want to be a part of it.”

Attachments

• melanie-brown-press-conference-01.jpg
    melanie-brown-press-conference-01.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 40
  • melanie-brown-press-conference-02.jpg
    melanie-brown-press-conference-02.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 45
  • melanie-brown-press-conference-03.jpg
    melanie-brown-press-conference-03.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 33
Lol I bet he is pissed about all this media attention. He is a super super private person.

I doubt she has anywhere near a billionaire. The Spice Girls may have generated a billion, but remember they only get a few cents from each CD and money from their tour and some more cash generated from the merchandise. That's it. The record companies are the ones that make most of the money when it comes to pop groups.

I wonder how much money she will get. I bet it's $$$$$$.