Multicolor Monogram fade off.....

oh no... :sad2:

i was planning to get a white Wapity now that my Monogram Mini Digital Cover is about to be sold, but from everyone's stories i don't know if i should

i LOVE the white Wapity though :love:! now i don't know if i should get that or the Canvas one

although i've had the white Trouville for about 3 months now, and the colors are still OK :worried:

hi,
i went into an LV store today and the SA told me that if the bag is truely authentic then the color will never chip since the engravings are lasered on. not sure if he was telling me the truth or not. i am thinking about getting the bag but since i saw this thread, i am reconsidering. i really dont feel like spending $1710 for something that will fade in a few months time.

has anyone had it for a long time and does not have any problems? i really like that bag. it's so gorgeous.

I just read my MC care booklet the other day. Actually the painted canvas (MC, CB, cerises) all are expected to fade away to reveal the regular brown canvas. I would think if it chips or fades soon, that's a defect. But I guess LV never expected it to last long.

I am sorry do hear that, but do u mind if I ask, is your Wapity made in France or U.S.A.?:shame: by the way are you from TIB forum too? I kind of remember your blythe photo !:rolleyes:

I just received a MC coin wallet I purchased from ebay. And yes, the colored LV's are fading away:yucky: It's still cute but I wish the seller would have mentioned the problem.

I was undecided about my wapity. Now I think that I am just going to get the mono instead of the white MC. Even though white would be so cute for summer!!!

I bought my black MC Lodge a month ago. Sa told me that over time the monogram will start to flake off...he said it is usually around the bottom from it being placed on things. He said that this is because the monograms on the MCs are handpainted on instead of being silk screened like the regular monograms.
He did say that it takes awhile for this to happen and that if I babied it (not putting it on the ground or near heat sources) I would be OK.
I would be screaming if it happened within the first month.
I do know that I was dead set on an MC purse...but I think my next purchase will be a regular papillon and then a regular speedy.....I say that though and if I can find a great cherry blossom papillon I'll snap it up! lol

angel: I've noticed it on several auctions on ebay...including the MC lines, the cherry blossom line and the cerises line.
My SA said they are handpainted and that's why they will flake over time. BUT it should only do it on areas near folds (i.e. the bottom of purses, the area around the top...basically where the material has been folded).

I was born in HK and when I went back this year to buy something, the SAs were really mean so I started to speak in English to them. That's when they actually started to listen.

But, just don't bang up your MC and everything should be fine. I've never had any problems w/ any of my bags.. well my VERY VERY old lemon vernis bag =( I was stupid, I left it next to a red box haha.