Mulberry Piccadilly, what do you think of it?

Anyone owning one and will share their experience with me?
I'm a bit worried that it is too heavy? Too big? But I really love the thought of travelling with it... Or just hauling it around filled with my everyday - life..
I'm 180 cm tall so can carry it off, I think......?

For me (about 8cm shorter than you) even the regular Bays is too big for everyday... but I still have to own one [emoji41]

The Piccadilly is really big, but versions like oxblood with gunmetal hardware look fab... have you considered the oversize Bays or whatever it's called - in between Bays and Piccadilly?

I think the Bayswater seems ample-sized, but perhaps if you need a travel bag then I could see the Piccadilly working.

For everyday though, it just seems overwhelming and potentially too heavy/cumbersome.

Thank you for input! I have a little Ledbury that I carry crossbody for everyday small stuff, and I have owned several Bayswaters that I've sold on. One of them I miss to a degree that I will replace it. And therefore I think I will take the plunge and go for a Piccadilly, too Just love the Bayswater Any of you use the Piccadilly as a weekendbag?

I think of it as luggage, can't imagine using it for shopping or anything like that, it would be too heavy. It looks great but I'm not convinced its practical - it can't be made secure, and there's little inside organisation. Have you tried one out? I think it would be a good idea to try it before buying if you can.

I love the Piccadilly and I would love one myself. It is probably down to me loving the Bayswater, thinking of it as an iconic bag and not being a fan of the new Piccadilly. As it is on sale, I am assuming it is being discontinued?

However, I find it too big as an everyday bag, and I really would only use it as carry-on (if the size is right for it) or a weekend bag. But I would probably be a bit sensitive about the bag as a carry-on as most people are quite rough when putting their bags in the overhead compartments and I would worry it would get scratched and scuffed (and frankly, a suitcase with wheels is so much more practical). It is a heavy bag as well, and it isn't exactly the most sensible bag to lug around on an everyday basis.

I saw a young guy with a Piccadilly a while back, and it looked great on him, but he was much taller than I am.

I am probably never going to get a Piccadilly as it is just not the type of bag I would get a lot of use out of, but in the life I dream of having I would travel with it every weekend.

So if I get it right, none of you actually own one or have used one?
I do not like the new ones, so it would have to be a preloved one in oak for me. I travel quite a bit during the weekends, by car, so it would get its mileage with me. And I just love the Bayswater style. I think I can picture myself travelling with my oak Ledbury, an oak Bays and an oak Piccadilly. And then I would never need another bag in my life. (except for a black bays, and a black and an oak Lily.....)

So if I get it right, none of you actually own one or have used one?
I do not like the new ones, so it would have to be a preloved one in oak for me. I travel quite a bit during the weekends, by car, so it would get its mileage with me. And I just love the Bayswater style. I think I can picture myself travelling with my oak Ledbury, an oak Bays and an oak Piccadilly. And then I would never need another bag in my life. (except for a black bays, and a black and an oak Lily.....)
I haven't bought one for the reasons I gave, and I'm familiar with it. I think it's a good looking bag but too big for a handbag, and not practical for travelling. Thats just my opinion :smile: The last of the old style bags are in the current sale I think. It comes down to what you like, if you love it you should go for it!

Reactions: Queenofeverything
Are they discontinuing the Piccadilly since it is in the sales? And the mini Lily in oak
I believe the piccadilly is being updated, like the bayswater was, and I think the leather is different (the original NVT is much better than the new version IMO - again, just my thoughts) I'm not sure whats happening with the mini lily??

I believe the piccadilly is being updated, like the bayswater was, and I think the leather is different (the original NVT is much better than the new version IMO - again, just my thoughts) I'm not sure whats happening with the mini lily??
I so agree with you, the leather was much better before. ( oh how I regret selling my 10 year old oak Bays...) .

Reactions: Evia