Mulberry Oak bag lovers ???

etalb1111

Aug 6, 2007
hi there
i was just wondering whether i need an oak bag? I am going to get a rose mabel for summer but was also wondering about an oak something or other? but I'm not sure that i'm an oak person as ive never had anything in this colour before, although i do love the look of them. Oak lovers out there - do you think you are either an oak person or not an oak person if you know what i mean? and do i need an oak in my collection? :yes:

I love the oak colour! It starts off a lovely light shade, then gets a fabulous darker hue as the patina develops. I would definitely recommend getting something in oak, but not necessarily a bag. What about a purse? I've just bought a long locked purse in oak which is due to arrive today.

I started off wanting to get chocolate but oak just kept bugging me after I saw an old photo of a lady wearing a really beautiful oak bays so I succumbed and haven't looked back.

Oak to be frank didn't jump out at me initially but eventually fell in love with it.

I guess it depends what style you go for, some bags just suit the colour more than others.

thats what i love about the oak bags ive seen the lovely way they change as they get older - a purse is a very good idea, may have to look into this. I'm thinking about an oak emmy or phoebe? !

i love roxanne in oak but it will be too heavy for an everyday bag - so i was thinking perhaps phoebe or maybe emmy - although emmy is also heavy. I would really love something hobo like - does phoebe do up at the top - any other suggestions for older style oak bags?

I guess it depends what style you go for, some bags just suit the colour more than others.

That is so true, some bags really do look better in certain colours.

Etalb, if youre after a hobo style bag, would you consider a Cody? its a slightly larger version of the soho and they had an oak one at bicester a few weeks ago. Also, the bays just looks fab in oak:yes:

I find Oak a bit of a dull colour in its early stages but it is superb once it has aged. I would suggest that you only get an Oak bag if you are going to give it lots of use and not baby it (or buy one pre-loved that someone has already 'developed' for you).

I think you are either an oak person or you're not. I'm not but I know I'm v much in the minority.
If you really like it then get an oak bag but don't feel you ought to have one.
I can admire them on other people but give me colour any day!

etalb, I had an oak Emmy and sold it because it was too heavy and such a faff to get in/out of. I think a Phoebe would be a great first oak bag for you. It's a great size and style and very easy to use. There is a magnetic catch to close it but it's kind of open at the top, iykwim. My oak Phoebe was pre-loved and came with a lovely patina so I didn't have to worry about babying her.

sugarspice - i was looking at the cody a few weeks back on ebay - there were three of them - i just couldnt figure out how big they would be irl. i really liked that style of bag - i may phone outlets to see how much they go for.
klp - i have black emmy and it is a pain in bum to get in and out but very pretty in oak.
I think i may be heading down the used oak phoebe route!
Do you think phoebe is a very relaxed looking bag? As i'm kinda scruffy!?! I'm not polished enough to carry a bays!