Mulberry lovers other loves

Slowhand

O.G.
Feb 12, 2009
Ok - lets be honest this is just a nosey thread - a bit like 'What do you do 9-5' was !

Other than Mulberry what else floats your boat ?

Seems only right that I start .

My first love is Eric Clapton - the man and his music. I guess that I am on a par with Mulberry Ellie when it comes to old Slowhand. I could buy a small country with the money I have spent over the years - not to mention the days and nights sleeping out to buy front row tickets night after night after night after night .... I can't imagine life without his music in my life :jammin:

Also supporting my beloved boys - Reading Football Club - brings me great joy - I'm a season ticket holder and go off on my own leaving DH and 2 sons at home to watch Strictly come dancing.....:nuts: Come on URZZZZ !

PS - My avatar is Eric wearing a Reading FC shirt !!! - A friend did it for me. He is also wearing an Oak Roxy but you can't see it !:rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL I didn't realise it's Eric Clapton! Love to see the whole pic with Oak Roxy.

My other love (spending wise) is Opera. I'm a Friend member of ROH and go there regularly. I know it's not everybody's cup of tea but I just love it. One great advantage of living near London for me! Though sometimes I look at the ticket and think 'Oh this piece of paper worth xx% of new Bayswater..."

I have a feeling that Jenova has lots to say here, perhaps over Startrek!

Running, mainly to keep fit now but did do a half marathon in 2007. Seem to have lost a bit of enthusiasm lately.

Looking after my kids, love watching the twins playing U7 rugby- they won the county cup bless 'em.

My new fish tank!!!! (tropical!)

Love eating out but not so easy these days with small kids. Prior to kids used to fly gliders and light aircarft!- that seems a world away these days.............

I have a feeling that Jenova has lots to say here, perhaps over Startrek!

That was really in my past.

My main music heros are/were:

Elvis Costello
Steve Earle
John Martyn

but I also have a bit of a passion for World Music, particularly that from North Africa, the Middle East and India. I am currently listening to a Tuareg band called Tinariwen.

I collect Bedouin/African/Indian jewellery and have a collection of rings by an American jeweller Ringofartist. See a few randomly selected examples:

Attachments

• a2ba_3.jpg
    a2ba_3.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 122
  • asia4096.jpg
    asia4096.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 117
  • ye2763.jpg
    ye2763.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 116
  • kbgreen5.jpg
    kbgreen5.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 114
  • kbopal5.jpg
    kbopal5.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 123
I see Jenova, those are the ones you are wearing with modeling pics! I always thought you look arty (no F or T on front!) - they are not Brighton thingie then. Looks gorgeous - I bet I cannot distinguish authentic ones from fake ones...

The Rolling Stones......6ft away at concerts..couldn't blink...cost too much money..Eddie izzard..been following him from the beginning ..I remember when he came to Canterbury and we were in the front row...and poetry...Carol anne Duffy, Selima Hill.

Spending time with the snot machine - not very pleasureable at the moment as she's going through a defiant stage.

Going to the Gym - I'm addicted to the buzz.

My house - this is the first one I've actually wanted to turn into a home.

My love is mountain biking. I try to bike about 3 times a week for around 2 hours, mainly up the hills in my area.

It's the only thing I do which make me feel really good about myself. I think exercise gives you a high that nothing else (apart from that!!!!) can give you.

OOOOh Polygamy.....lets have a think!

I love vintage fashion magazines, have quite a serious collection of Vogues that I love just flicking through.

Im also into fashion illustration which again is a great "rainy day pasttime". Took a course last year at St Martins and now Im obsessed.

On sunny days, I love my walks (used to run alot but ballet legacy means hips are not up to it beyond a moderate run a week).

Cakes!!! My best friends gang have an afternoon tea circle - basically scrummy cakes & goss!

And something called The Purse Forum...........dont know if you have heard of this group of mad bag ladies?

Ells xx

Saw Eric Clapton a few years back supported by Bonnie Rait at the NEC. That was a big unexpected bonus! Clapton has been an all time fav for at least 30 yrs. Music has always been a big feature in my home. I'm a qualified music teacher and have spent the last 18 years or so in Primary Ed trying to give the up and coming generation a passion for music, especially singing. My musical taste is very varied but I particularly love anything that features excellent saxaphone, guitar, piano playing either with or without bluesy soulful singing.

I have wardrobes full of clothes and shoes and boots too!

Love my animals to bits, especially the cats. I couldn't imagine life without at least one cat.

Spending time with my family gives me a lot of pleasure, especially my grandsons who will be 3 and 1 at the end of August.

Food!! Wine!

When you think about it there's a lot to be thankful for isn't there?

My other loves......
My best chums - four fab girlies who make my world brighter. I never laugh as much as at our girls' nights.

South of France. Our holiday home there is probably where I'm happiest.

Reading. I'd go bonkers without books. I re-read A Town Like Alice every summer.

My home. I love our house and the way it constantly changes & evolves. I quite like DH and 2 sons too!

My Mini Cooper convertible. I love to drive and my car is where I do my thinking, planning & relaxing. Give me a long journey, roof down and I'm happy.

Rugby. Loathe football but adore rugby.

Sad to say but, work. It stimulates me. Without it I stagnate.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention my collection of teddy bears. That collection had to slow down as we were getting over run by them.

Spending as much of the summer as possible in Devon. I would have loved to retire to the sea side but family commitments have made that difficult.

oh nice thread, my passions in life are

1) my companies, without them I would go crazy. It is something really special to build a business.

2) Gardening, I love doing gardenwork, I am especially fond of Japanease maples, and of course my greenhouse.

3) My cats

4) Chocolate, I am a chocomaniac. I especially love Valrhonas chocolate, and preferably the ones from Madagaskar. It is the best!