• Bayswater Original

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Bayswater New style

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Zipped Bayswater

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Jul 26, 2012
I have been looking at Mulberry Bayswater for new autumn/winter work bag. However, my original Bayswater was so heavy when filled with things inside, I don't even use it anymore.

If I do buy one, it would need to fit a work laptop inside.

What would you recommend?

Do you prefer old or new style Bayswater or do you prefer the zipped Bayswater?

Or would you find another bag that can sit comfortably on your shoulder for a work bag?

Reactions: 24shaz
No experience of zipped bayswater, but I have an old bays and new bays in the classic style* and the older one is an ornament while the newer one is an actual usable bag (for me). I know there’s some debate over the quality of the newer leathers, but the lighter weight makes all the difference, older nvt bays is like a brick while my newer one, with its thinner leather and controversial microfibre lining, sits happily on my shoulder all day (note: it’s not light, but is lighter and much easier on the shoulder than a classic bays).

*I’m aware by ‘new bays’ you might mean the Coca style, which again I have no experience of, I’m sure some of the ladies here will be able to help though :smile:

Reactions: thisreallyreal
No experience of zipped bayswater, but I have an old bays and new bays in the classic style* and the older one is an ornament while the newer one is an actual usable bag (for me). I know there’s some debate over the quality of the newer leathers, but the lighter weight makes all the difference, older nvt bays is like a brick while my newer one, with its thinner leather and controversial microfibre lining, sits happily on my shoulder all day (note: it’s not light, but is lighter and much easier on the shoulder than a classic bays).

*I’m aware by ‘new bays’ you might mean the Coca style, which again I have no experience of, I’m sure some of the ladies here will be able to help though :smile:
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I mean the Coca style. I bought a new style Bays. It is definitely much lighter like you mentioned. One thing I also noticed is that the leather is much thinner but at least it's more useable. Shame it lost its 4 legs to protect it from surfaces

Reactions: 24shaz
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I mean the Coca style. I bought a new style Bays. It is definitely much lighter like you mentioned. One thing I also noticed is that the leather is much thinner but at least it's more useable. Shame it lost its 4 legs to protect it from surfaces
It’s really annoying when they don’t have feet, it’s a massive bag and sometimes you need to put it down! Also these appear to be cost cutting measures when prices are going up…

Reactions: thisreallyreal