Mulberry Antony

I'm a multiple Mulberry owner, all pre loved and much adored.

My 2 Antony's are my most recent acquisitions and my firm favourites. I bought the small one first, mainly for hands free shopping expeditions and I loved it! But my other Mulberrys are the big squishy Hayden and a large Daria that can hold the kitchen sink and then some, So the small Anthony is an essentials only size that was a bit of a shock to me, but it's great for some of my shopping outings but not all. It is surprising how much it holds for it's size, though. I have carried an iPad mini, two spec cases, makeup case, Mulberry Roxanne wallet, pack of tissues, and a round hairbrush, and iPhone and could have added more.

I've now had my large Antony a couple of weeks, and I think my Daria and Somerset are going to go bye bye. The large Antony holds a lot and it's all readily accessible, and hands free cross body use is fantastic. My ipad fits in it, even in it's Mulberry slip case. The canvas strap is exceedingly comfortable even when I load the bag up and it's heavy, and probably cooler in summer than leather. There's tons of scope for adjustment of the length. The NVT leather is lovely.

I agree with the sentiment that if you can see them in the flesh, it would be best. Everyone knows how they get along with normally carried handbags, but if this is your first foray into cross body, it's nice to try before you buy. I didn't, but luckily I'm now hooked.
I like that people get Antony in more than one colour. If push came to shove and you could only have one, would you keep the larger or the smaller one?

Louieju, I think someone would have to have a gun to my head to force that choice! But I suppose I would unhappily take the larger one, because I can carry less if I want., so that gives me more flexibility But of the two, I think the small one is prettier. They really are two completely different bags in character.

As mine are both preloved, I did pay less than the price of a small one for both :smile:. The small one looks almost brand new. The large one has that wonderful patina NVT oak gets with use. I'm not sure which look I like better either.

Last edited:
I wish I could decide if I get it would I get the use out of it. Quite a lot of people seem to have both sizes x

I've got both as I loved the small so much I thought a bigger in black (small is chocolate) would make perfect sense and for me it does.ive never regretted buying either. It really depends what you want her to do for you. My smaller one is such a little tardis, I seem to get so much in her.... I've owned her a long while as I bought her in a sale when no one seemed to like them shortly after they first appeared. Mine has no serial number on her or made in tag!! I can't believe how much they cost new now... Get a pre-loved at a sensible price. If you hunt about, it can get them at a really good price. ;)

I would second the "see and try" if you can - I have learned so many times that a bag that looks great on others doesn't suit me....
....and this is the case with Ant - whilst the canvas strap is wide and therefore comfortable, for me it's a case of "too much strap for too little bag". Also consider which side you carry your bag and where the adjuster / slider will sit if you have it cross-body!

Really helpful thanks... I have no idea how long the Antony has been out, have you had yours long?

I bought mine about (my memory's rubbish so someone can jump in here at any time and assist with dating my old beauty) but I'd say 2006 as I seem to remember the phoebe and Roxane weren't out then but came in shortly after the sale when I bought her new for £109 with my loyalty discount.... I was buzzing that day. Xx

£109!!! Wow! Those were the days!

Indeed, ironically it had been kicking around for a while and I think the SA was bored so when I asked what was left in the sale her heart must have skipped a beat as I like a sale bargain.... But that was just mental.... She'd got her down and wrapped before I could say no really.... So I just bought her. :smile: needless to say I get very little in the sale now... :nogood:

I bought mine about (my memory's rubbish so someone can jump in here at any time and assist with dating my old beauty) but I'd say 2006 as I seem to remember the phoebe and Roxane weren't out then but came in shortly after the sale when I bought her new for £109 with my loyalty discount.... I was buzzing that day. Xx
£109!! Wowzers. :smile:

I have another Antony related question
Do Antony users have the same bag in different colours , like an oak and a chocolate one and if yes do they get wear out of both of them or do they tend to stick to using just one of them ?
What I'm really asking is ' Do you need more than one Antony? '
X

I had 3 regular...sold them all..too small and too narrow for me...tried the larger...better but felt like a bus conductors bag so not for me

What about a small del ray rather than lexie..bit smaller if that helps..i prefer these to sbs which again is too small for me

+1 I could never get at anything in the bottom. I sold mine very quickly................ as soon as someone mentioned they were well known as "the bus conductor" it seemed very apt and hated the look of it. It also says its unisex, maybe they look better on the boys ;)

No offence Antony fans, it just comes down to personal preference, I know a lot of ladies love them..

They are mentioned a lot in the "which Mulberries do you hate and why" topic. :giggles:

I have another Antony related question
Do Antony users have the same bag in different colours , like an oak and a chocolate one and if yes do they get wear out of both of them or do they tend to stick to using just one of them ?
What I'm really asking is ' Do you need more than one Antony? '
X

I have oak & choc and use them equally & couldn't bear to part with either of them!

I have oak & choc and use them equally & couldn't bear to part with either of them!
I have small Oak and large black pebbled and use them both equally too - it still surprises me how much I love them each time I take them out of the dustbag (little bit sad?! :smile:) I find with Mulberry that if I love a bag then I tend to get the same style in different colours!