Mr. and Mrs Italy coats

Incidentally for those that do not wish to spend such money on a coat like this O have witnessed the quality of these first hand and - you know what - they are a really decent quality. Try to ask for a photo of the actual jacket and collar that you are to receive.

There are a few people selling these around Liverpool and Manchester and they are buying from here and adding a bought onto the price and they are selling like hot cakes - well they were last year.

Ps - the first is described wrongly as Mens!

View attachment 3735745View attachment 3735746
They don't come close to the others posted but I have also seen a fair few of those coats around - identifiable by that orange strip. Actually I agree, they seem quite nice but ok I am just dubious of buying without seeing exactly what I am getting. Also the sizes are likely to be out, check the actual measurements. I suppose at that price if all else fails you are left with a nice collar which can be attached to another coat or jacket.

They look great. An oversized collar gives the 'edgy' look. Do you have a particular concern? Is it the style of the Poski ones themselves?

Parkas if down filled can look bulky so it is important to get one that fits properly.
I guess not owning one and being petite worries me that the oversized style would dwarf me and not be flattering. I usually am a fitted wool coat or 3/4 down coat type. I may not be cool enough to pull the parka look off, esp one with big fur around the hood.

Reactions: Flip88
I guess not owning one and being petite worries me that the oversized style would dwarf me and not be flattering. I usually am a fitted wool coat or 3/4 down coat type. I may not be cool enough to pull the parka look off, esp one with big fur around the hood.
I would imagine they would look fine unless perhaps you get one with a massive hood. I find some of the down coats make me look huge.

There are store in Amsterdam actually that sell similar coats where you can choose the actual fur - as in the specific piece. If you are very petite then perhaps a smaller one might be better. I actually don't believe it would be a problem to be honest though. Try one and see?

I had this exact problem. FYI I am 5'4" and a size 2/4.

The Mr and Mrs Italy has a drawstring waist...well, allegedly a waist. It hits at my hips.

I had a full fur lined Yves Salomon parka I bought and returned. It was just huge on me....it dwarfed me and I looked shapeless and ridiculous.

I finally bought a parka at a local store which sells trendy items and gorgeous fur pieces in the winter. It's by Alessandra Chamomix - winter white with a full hood and a drawstring waist at my actual waist but it is not fur lined, just the hood and by the zipper. Unless you are 6' tall and stick thin, a full fur lining will not do you any favors. It's got some lining, but it's not bulky.

Just a thought...

IMG_1499738322.842525.jpg

The Mr and Mrs Italy has a drawstring waist...well, allegedly a waist. It hits at my hips.

I had a full fur lined Yves Salomon parka I bought and returned. It was just huge on me....it dwarfed me and I looked shapeless and ridiculous.

I finally bought a parka at a local store which sells trendy items and gorgeous fur pieces in the winter. It's by Alessandra Chamomix - winter white with a full hood and a drawstring waist at my actual waist but it is not fur lined, just the hood and by the zipper. Unless you are 6' tall and stick thin, a full fur lining will not do you any favors. It's got some lining, but it's not bulky.

Just a thought...

View attachment 3759728
The one you post looks really nice actually.

Reactions: BBC

Just a thought...

View attachment 3759728
I tried one without fur lining and it was huge on me, even in xs, with drawstring tightened. I agree its probably better suited to talk gals. I'll stick to coats that are more flattering on me.

The white looks so chic, but I know it'll require higher maintenance than the darker colored jackets I own.

Reactions: BBC
I tried one without fur lining and it was huge on me, even in xs, with drawstring tightened. I agree its probably better suited to talk gals. I'll stick to coats that are more flattering on me.

The white looks so chic, but I know it'll require higher maintenance than the darker colored jackets I own.

Yes, definitely, although the material feels like a cotton canvas - hard wearing and it was reasonably priced.