Moving on......

I couldn't have said it better. This is completely accurate.

I really don't understand when someone says they don't want to buy LV anymore because everyone has one. If it's because you see a specific style so often that you end up being sick of it, fine, I totally get it. However, not buying the bags anymore because too many people own it as well seems so strange to me, I literally can't understand it. I think it's so naive to expect exclusivity when buying anything that's not been made especially for you... I don't buy LV because it makes me feel special or different from the crowd, I buy it because I love the brand, its bag styles, its history etc. I actually LOVE seeing other people carrying LV, especially if they're styles that I really like... it makes my heart sing. But I realize most people don't agree with me on this.
That's why Kim Kardashian has the finger painted hermes bag, she has one and no one can carry that! That thing was disastrous.
Whenever I see someone with an LV (or any designer bag) I wonder if they are a member of the purse forum too! [emoji3] Lol

It's so funny you posted this because I have pretty much moved on to Chanel. I can honestly say at this moment I am satisfied with my LV collection and there is not one bag I feel like I have to have that I already don't have. I wouldn't say I'm done with LV and I do hope I come across a bag I do want but I guess I just want to focus on my Chanel collection at the moment. Taste/interest change overtime, it's normal.
Yeah i know lol.... we bought exactly the same bag at exactly the same time!!! How you getting on with yours?

I havent worn mine yet but hope to fir travel tomorrow...

Which bag is next on your hitlist?? Are there any other brands that you like hope to own?

Yeah i know lol.... we bought exactly the same bag at exactly the same time!!! How you getting on with yours?

I havent worn mine yet but hope to fir travel tomorrow...

Which bag is next on your hitlist?? Are there any other brands that you like hope to own?

I'm kind of new to Chanel, I have three as of right now so I'm just researching and seeing what I like. I think about getting a classic flap but I just don't know if it suits my style.

I really like the GST and I am happy I finally decided to go for it. I been using it for work and I can really fit a lot in there. As far as other brands really the only other purse brand I like is Alexander Wang. I have a couple bags from him and they are really casual and edgy at the same time, he is good with that.

Ahh great glad you are finding it ok.

Yeah im pretty new to Chanel too... needed to sell a few LV to fund my new love.

I never thought id like Balenciaga but im starting to warm to them a bit more now...

I used to have no major loyalty to any brands when I first started buying bags but ended up devoted to lv for many years. Then I felt like my collection was complete and nothing caught my eye. I moved on to Chanel but thought I would just get one piece. Two years later I have a woc, Gst and jumbo and am eyeing the reissue!!!

Our tastes change and evolve, it's perfectly natural plus I think it would be odd to only buy from one brand - imagine doing that with anything else - clothes??? Food??? Lol xxx

I used to have no major loyalty to any brands when I first started buying bags but ended up devoted to lv for many years. Then I felt like my collection was complete and nothing caught my eye. I moved on to Chanel but thought I would just get one piece. Two years later I have a woc, Gst and jumbo and am eyeing the reissue!!!

Our tastes change and evolve, it's perfectly natural plus I think it would be odd to only buy from one brand - imagine doing that with anything else - clothes??? Food??? Lol xxx
Im hearing ya hun.

I was once like that with LV... then it got to a stage wheras I wasnt looking at any other brand but LV coz I thought that one day id find my dream bag...

Turns out I bought my "dream bag" over and over and it was always resold or never used.

Today my collection is small but fits my needs - as much as I love Chanel I have the feeling that majority of their beautiful bags wouldnt fit in with my current lifestyle..

One thing I do respect about Louis Vuitton is they are a functional and practical brand.

Reactions: Bags_4_life
My designer handbag trajectory has been interesting. I started off kind of grabbing anything that was trendy at the time (MJ Stam, Chloe Paraty, Fendi Chameleon, etc.), without really thinking about whether I loved the bag itself. Looking back, I really wish I would've been a little more selective, but I was new to the scene and was just sucked into what I thought was "cool" to buy. Then I made the jump to slightly more classic bags, with the Givenchy Antigona, Alexander McQueen skull clutch, Prada tote. I then bypassed Louis Vuitton entirely and went to Chanel, where I've almost exclusively been at for the last 3 years. I think that lately though, I've been very content with my Chanel bags and aside from the so black boy from this season, none have been "must-haves", so I've been exploring other brands. Aside from the Constance, I was never drawn to any Hermes bags, so now I find myself looking into Louis Vuitton for the first time - I just bought a Croisette, a PM in empreinte, and two monogram shawls in the last couple of months!

Love reading all the responses here. I personally don't care what anyone wears, I absolutely love, love, love my speedy b 25 in DE. Even thinking about getting one in Mono for summer use. I wouldn't care how many people own one. I know mine is real and love wearing it. My go to bag. My bags have to fit my lifestyle and right now this does. I say, buy what you like. Nothing is forever. I have bought and sold many bags over the years and will continue to do so. So many out there to choose from! Such fun!

I used to go after soft, supple leathers when it came to my bag collection. I was seriously OBSESSED with Prada - they could do no wrong. I owned every deerskin Prada purse I could get my hands on.... until they all started falling apart.

I'm not one of those people who thinks bags are a financial "investment," but I expect my bags to stay in somewhat fair to good shape after 5+ years. And I buy my bags to wear them, and wear them often. Granted, a lot of this wear has to do with my lifestyle, but even then, I expect a tenacity from my bags.
The wear began to show on all my bags, and much sooner than anticipated. This happened with most of the brands I carried, particularly Prada, Fendi, Gucci, and Balenciaga. It turned me off the bags completely. All the bags just wore so terribly. I purchased a Prada saffiano Lux in 2015 because it seemed more durable, and even that didn't hold up well (piping became exposed quickly, bag wrinkles.. etc). I stopped buying designer bags completely and went into bag withdrawal for over a year.

But, as all addicts do, I relapsed with a new drug, Louis Vuitton. I was never really attracted to LV bags because the monogram was too "flashy" for me. But one of my friends had an ancient LV that held up amazingly. And the customer service is stellar at LV... That began my LV collection...

I found that Louis Vuitton bags fit my lifestyle. I'm not careful enough (and don't care to be) for supple leather, and I wish I knew that before I owed like 10 Prada purses. Oh well.

Whenever I see someone with an LV (or any designer bag) I wonder if they are a member of the purse forum too! :biggrin: Lol

:biggrin: I saw a woman carrying a Favorite today with a big puff ball attached. I wondered if she had read the "too old for bag charms thread" and my comment on puff balls. If you're into LV and puff balls you just have to be a member of tPF. :P