Motorcycle bag trending again?

Rouille is beautiful...there's more than one seller on eBAy from Alberta. With some pretty good older bags, so they're out there somewhere!
Yes, that is a wealthy province, oil and all LOL, we are wheat country here sooooo, seriously if people in my bus knew the brands and cost of my bags they would not believe it...occasionally I see some nice bags in Italian market which is the most hip place for food, but that is it...
Your story resonates so much with me!
Back in 2004, I was at JFK airport waiting for my flight to Milan. There was an Italian lady there with the most beautiful bag I've ever seen. Turns out it was a Balenciaga moto. In 2012 I finally got two at once, and the addiction started..lol..

Congrats on your new WE in Rouille, it's such a gorgeous color. You're gonna love using it!

thank you I can't wait to get it from LMB

I've just stated to see more bal bag where i live and once i saw a bal bag in a dapartment and try carrying it, I loved it
!!! thanks to peacebabe for auth my first bal and I received it today (can't believe how light is the bag) NOW my mum wants one too :smile:

I've just stated to see more bal bag where i live and once i saw a bal bag in a dapartment and try carrying it, I loved it
!!! thanks to peacebabe for auth my first bal and I received it today (can't believe how light is the bag) NOW my mum wants one too :smile:

Careful it is a slippery slope. It is indeed very light, only few brands do bags with this lightness and variety of colors [emoji4]

Saw one today in one of the biggest and most famous hotels in UAE (Atlantis) - a lovely City in Rose Jaipur with G12 ghw, but 99% it was carried by a tourist.
Meanwhile my Vermillion Weekender was resting in the room :angel:

Reactions: Iamminda
Everything trends. The small boxy structured bag has been around for long enough now that people are perhaps getting a little tired of it and want something different. It makes sense that the pendulum would swing in the opposite direction of that.

Everything trends. The small boxy structured bag has been around for long enough now that people are perhaps getting a little tired of it and want something different. It makes sense that the pendulum would swing in the opposite direction of that.
HI .. MY DEAR FRIEND *maxxout*!!!! :heart: :wave::hugs::hbeat:

I wonder if the neighborhood makes that much of a difference?

Originally back in 2012 when I first started collecting Bals, I didn't see them anywhere. These days though, in fact, over the last couple of years, I started seeing much more regularly.
I'm with you on Celine, see way more of trapeze bags than moto here. Oh, and I'm in the city too, way downtown, hence my name (my 'hoods initials..lol)

Ah, I get the initials now :smile:

I work in the Flatiron area. Definitely been seeing more very high-end bags lately (I've lived and/or worked around here since 2009). Just yesterday going into my office I passed a young, gorgeous girl with a custom-painted solar system Hermès bag. I later found out the girl was a CNN correspondent, and the bag was painted by Candice Bergen.

Now to spot some people with fun-colored Bals....

I live in NY/NYC area and I've never stopped seeing Balenciaga bags (or wanting one of my own). Motorcycle jackets and the biker look re-emerge each fall, so it's not surprising to see an uptick in Bbags coming out to play.

Hello fellow NYC'ers! I'm in NYC too and I must say I still see A LOT of Balenciagas. I don't think the bag ever really faded away. Although I do see that it is getting more popular among celebs because of the whole Balenciaga craze going on right now.

I do think the neighborhood makes a difference. In my neighborhood in Queens it is mostly Louis Vuitton and Chanel. Brooklyn (Williamsburg and DUMBO) tends to have more Celine, YSL, and Balenciaga. Upper East Side is mostly Birkins, Kellys, and Chanels and oddly, lots of the saffiano Pradas. I'd say downtown Manhattan is the same as the bags I often see in Williamsburg and DUMBO. I do see Balenciagas in my neighborhood too. My high school had a bunch of girls with Bals.

Last edited:
As you all know, LA is HUGE .. so, it definitely depends on where you are re: seeing Bal bags. In generally, don't see that many in the Valley per se, with the exception of Woodland Hills and/or Studio City. However, if you go into Beverly Hills, you are likely going to see a few, although .. you see a lot more Chanel & Hermes there (quelle surprise). Santa Monica .. interestingly enough, I don't see a lot, but if you travel next door to Venice Beach, yup .. likely to see a few here & there. Same with Malibu .. see a few here & there.

The interesting thing is that most of the bags that I see are on very young gals, and the bags are relatively new. It's pretty darn rare for me to see anyone with a true "oldie" any more, but I must say, when I'm wearing one of mine .. I ALWAYS get a reaction from other folks because the leather is just so different now. So, I'm trying to do my part .. !!! LOL

Yes, that is a wealthy province, oil and all LOL, we are wheat country here sooooo, seriously if people in my bus knew the brands and cost of my bags they would not believe it...occasionally I see some nice bags in Italian market which is the most hip place for food, but that is it...

thank you I can't wait to get it from LMB
I am from Alberta. We're slowly recovering from the fire in Fort Mac.