Mothers Day surprise

Jessi319

champagne tastes
O.G.
Mar 20, 2011
My hubby knows I love vintage Coach bags. He works as a manager at a Camera store, and a man came into the shop, wanting to sell some of his used equipment. He goes through his stuff finding out if any of it is worth anything, and mostly it wasn't anything too special, but he pulls his binocular bag out of the mix, and my hubby lets him know that it's not good to store your optics in old leather because they could become susceptible to mold......(true fact -just fyi)..... "And, by the way", he says, "do you want to sell the bag those binocular are stored in? I know a lady who loves vintage bags" ...the guy says "sure", and this is what my hubby brought home as a surprise. It's a Made in the USA Willis bag in GORGEOUS condition! The leather is still "chewy" glove soft. What a thoughtful man I have :hbeat:

Attachments

• DSCN1559edit.jpg
    DSCN1559edit.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 147
thanks, all!! Now I'm gonna go find a pretty Fob to dress her up !! I've never bought any of the cute keychain/fobs ever, so kinda excited to go see what's out there.

How sweet of your hubby! And great bag! I still don't have a Willis in my collection, the ones I have been able to find so far have not been in good shape, but I'll find one eventually, yours looks to be in super condtion :smile: Enjoy you new bag!

How sweet of your hubby! And great bag! I still don't have a Willis in my collection, the ones I have been able to find so far have not been in good shape, but I'll find one eventually, yours looks to be in super condtion :smile: Enjoy you new bag!

thank you. Yes, she's literally almost like new. Theres hardly even any faint rub marks or anything inside or out. I guess men just aren't as hard on their bags as we gals are. They are selling NEW "vintage re-issue" Willis's on the Coach website, and they are gorgeous, but the newer leather bags aren't the same as the oldies. I have a red one I've tried to rehab (and red isn't made any longer), but she's not in as good of shape as this one.

Last edited:
My hubby knows I love vintage Coach bags. He works as a manager at a Camera store, and a man came into the shop, wanting to sell some of his used equipment. He goes through his stuff finding out if any of it is worth anything, and mostly it wasn't anything too special, but he pulls his binocular bag out of the mix, and my hubby lets him know that it's not good to store your optics in old leather because they could become susceptible to mold......(true fact -just fyi)..... "And, by the way", he says, "do you want to sell the bag those binocular are stored in? I know a lady who loves vintage bags" ...the guy says "sure", and this is what my hubby brought home as a surprise. It's a Made in the USA Willis bag in GORGEOUS condition! The leather is still "chewy" glove soft. What a thoughtful man I have :hbeat:

Sorry, this is actually the STATION bag, not the Willis. They look so similar. but it doesn't have the back pocket that a Willis has, and it's a little bit smaller than a Willis.