Montsouris GM Backpack as an every day bag

shayna07

Style with Shana
O.G.
Jan 26, 2013
Hello! I just recently got a 1995 Montsouris backpack from fashionphile. I absolutely love it! It’s gorgeous! I’ve been carrying it as an everyday bag...

Does anyone else carry this as an everyday bag? It is rather large, but slouchy so it doesn’t seem too big...

What are your thoughts?? [emoji4]

was it like around $800? personally I would rather add more money to buy a speedy b 30, even it is a lot more but a lot useful and new too.

M is a bit inconvenient to take things in and out since it has only one large compartment, and since it's a backpack, the only pocket stick on the back make me wouldn't dare to put anything valuable inside.

if you already bought it then that's fine, it's a nice bag, great for hands free, if you haven't cut the tag off, try it out then think it over?

Last edited:
I have a vintage montsouris GM that I frequently use as a casual everyday bag when I need to carry a lot. It's a great bag and so incredibly well-made imho. One of my fave LV purchases ever. I also ended up buying a vintage montsouris PM/mini, which I highly recommend if you already enjoy the GM but want a smaller option for errands, going out, etc.

Reactions: Addict2Labels
I have the Palm Springs MM and that's also the largest size and somewhat slouchy. I've been carrying it as an everyday bag and if I had the Montsouris, I'd also wear it. If you are a backpack person, both are very comfortable. I also carry cross-body bags but wouldn't consider a Speedy B30 - that I found too big on my frame.

Hello! I just recently got a 1995 Montsouris backpack from fashionphile. I absolutely love it! It’s gorgeous! I’ve been carrying it as an everyday bag...

Does anyone else carry this as an everyday bag? It is rather large, but slouchy so it doesn’t seem too big...

What are your thoughts?? [emoji4]

The red part is all that matters. Yes, mine is part of my daily rotation along with my Bosphore. Backpacks are very "in" now, but that doesn't matter to me. Years ago I read a thread where someone used their keepall 45 as an everyday bag. So it's all about what you like!

Reactions: CornishMon
While I do not use my Montesouris (new model) backpack daily it definitely is used on Fridays for jeans day and weekends. Definitely very chic. I actually enjoy it more than I thought I would. Like the above stated if you love it that's all that matters.

I use my Montsouris GM (2007) as a daily work bag ( as long as there's no rain in the forecast). I have no issues with storing items of value inside and am getting better at getting in and out if it. I dont worry about theft. After trying the drawstring and buckling the clasp, it would be very difficult for anyone to get into it without me noticing. I get tons of compliments and it holds a little bit of everything. I love it!

I have a vintage montsouris GM that I frequently use as a casual everyday bag when I need to carry a lot. It's a great bag and so incredibly well-made imho. One of my fave LV purchases ever. I also ended up buying a vintage montsouris PM/mini, which I highly recommend if you already enjoy the GM but want a smaller option for errands, going out, etc.

hi! do you have any photos or mod shots of your pm? so torn about what size i want and i haven't seen many people with the pm!

haha, thank you so much for the mod shots!! super helpful especially since i am the same height :lol: it looks great on you! making me lean back toward the mm size... what are the measurements, if you don't mind? just trying to get a rough estimate!

View attachment 3955295 View attachment 3955294
I have a vintage 1999 Montsouris MM here are some shots....
For reference I’m about 5”4-5 ....
Oh and I really love you because that from behind SHOT taken by my 9 year old is NOT flattering at all ha ha ha

oh gosh, sorry i am new to the forum and i just tried replying but i don't think it quoted you, lol. still trying to get the hang of this :confused1: but anyways, i replied above!

F1EAF6CC-DA00-4BE8-9F25-AD2133B44AA3.jpeg 34062CB7-8296-419C-B5AD-179539ADA606.jpeg B738BE62-97FA-4834-BB4E-BBD82EECF259.jpeg Also consider that the base perfectly fits a full sized wallet ( this is a Josephine) and it swallows a mini agenda , zippy, key cles and mini pochette no problem with room to spare....

Reactions: happygirl78