Monogramed ?'s in relation to sale item

staceyjan

Dec 30, 2014
I bought DD the Dusky Heather children's scarf that was on sale and she was thinking about getting it monogramed. I went yesterday to see the colors, etc with her. The sales associate stated that I would have to return the scarf, then place an order for the scarf w the mono in order and that it would be eligible to get free monogramming.

Does anyone know if she was correct regarding the free mono on this item since it was part of the sale? I was very clear on the item and the amount paid for the item during the sale. I even asked her if I exchange it, I would pay the same price. (I am aware that this item keeps coming in and out of stock. )

For some reason, I do not think she is correct since I thought the sale item was excluded from mono or maybe because it was children's scarf. But, if DD would like it, I will try to get the same sales associate.

What is your opinion on getting scarves monogramed? I think she should since she is a tween and will have it forever. I also like the ivory color with scarf but open to other suggestions for colors. This is a link for what the color of the scarf looks like:
https://ca.burberry.com/the-long-fringe-scarf-in-check-cashmere-p39931181?search=true

I bought DD the Dusky Heather children's scarf that was on sale and she was thinking about getting it monogramed. I went yesterday to see the colors, etc with her. The sales associate stated that I would have to return the scarf, then place an order for the scarf w the mono in order and that it would be eligible to get free monogramming.

Does anyone know if she was correct regarding the free mono on this item since it was part of the sale? I was very clear on the item and the amount paid for the item during the sale. I even asked her if I exchange it, I would pay the same price. (I am aware that this item keeps coming in and out of stock. )

For some reason, I do not think she is correct since I thought the sale item was excluded from mono or maybe because it was children's scarf. But, if DD would like it, I will try to get the same sales associate.

What is your opinion on getting scarves monogramed? I think she should since she is a tween and will have it forever. I also like the ivory color with scarf but open to other suggestions for colors. This is a link for what the color of the scarf looks like:
https://ca.burberry.com/the-long-fringe-scarf-in-check-cashmere-p39931181?search=true
Wow?! Really?! I thought it didn'tapply to the sale ones.
Maybe call a different store and speak to an associate to see what he/she say about the scarf your dd likes that's on sale and getting the complementary monogram at the price you paid. I hope they say the same thing as the first associate. That would be great.
I think the monogram would a nice touch to the scarf. It adds a personal touch and something your dd will keep for a long time.

Last edited:
Scarves for monogramming have to be ordered as such. Unfortunately, you can't buy a scarf in store (on sale or full price) or have a scarf you own and ask for monogramming.

The monogrammed scarves are full price, the monogramming had a fee (like $15 or something), but right now that fee is waived. You just have to order the scarf to be monogrammed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I went to the store yesterday and that scarf cannot be monogrammed. I would have to return it for a different scarf. We decided to keep the original one.

Last edited:
Some seamstresses can do monogramming, see if anyone will do your daughter's scarf. 🙂

That is exactly what my DH stated but I was a little worried. I knew that if we went through Burberry, if something got messed up on their end, it will be replaced. But, if I some someone reliable then I shouldn't worry. I will look into it. Thanks!