Mono or Damier Ebene?

Damier Ebene is my favorite! Planning on buying my first Louis this summer when I go to St. Thomas. I'm thinking about getting the Damier Neverfull, but I've seen a lot of posts on this forum and on the internet in general about the straps/handles wearing out quickly and cracking. Is this true?? I like the print better than the mono but would hate to get it and have it start falling apart...
I heard about that too but maybe I'm one of the very few that never had a problem. I got my DE NF GM since 2013 and it still looks brand spanking new. No peeling, no wrinkles and I don't baby my bag. However the first 3 months of using it the straps were so unbearable I put it away for 6 months and then tried again. Now the strap softened because DE is treated leather and now I love it. It's my go to everyday bag! Hope this helps!

Reactions: Kailie.21494
I know I'm absolutely no help but I agree with you completely. Monogram is my favorite print. I don't know if it is because of how classic it looks especially on SLG. That little LV is just so beautiful! But at the same I've noticed I've been using DE more. My DE NF, cles and tomorrow I'm getting the Caissa wallet. I think what drives me to DE more is not only because of how carefree it is, it's the fact that not everyone knows. It's quite subtle. No one at my job even know it's LV and I like it that way. I have quite a few pieces of Epi too and I love that it's not as loud as monogram when it's not needed to be. But at the same time monogram is just so beautiful. I'm sorry. I am useless lol

I don't think the damier canvas is any subtler than the monogram. They are signature prints. To the initiated, I don't think there is such a thing as understated, whether there is a logo or not.

In my opinion, the Azur is a casual summer/ beach print.

The Ebene is great for rainy days but I always preferred monogram so don't own any. I have recently purchased the Pochette Métis in Monogram Reverse as my worry free casual option and I love it.

I heard about that too but maybe I'm one of the very few that never had a problem. I got my DE NF GM since 2013 and it still looks brand spanking new. No peeling, no wrinkles and I don't baby my bag. However the first 3 months of using it the straps were so unbearable I put it away for 6 months and then tried again. Now the strap softened because DE is treated leather and now I love it. It's my go to everyday bag! Hope this helps!
That's good to hear! Thanks for your response. :smile: I decided I'm definitely going to go for the DE Neverfull! Especially bc I love the contrast with the Rose Ballerine. I figure - if the straps end up cracking too early on, I can always take the bag back and have LV replace the straps.

That's good to hear! Thanks for your response. :smile: I decided I'm definitely going to go for the DE Neverfull! Especially bc I love the contrast with the Rose Ballerine. I figure - if the straps end up cracking too early on, I can always take the bag back and have LV replace the straps.
What size are you planning on getting? I love Rose ballerine! I'm getting the Caissa wallet today with the rose ballerine interior to match my DE NF. Hopefully they still have it.

I mostly have DE but have a couple of pre-loved Mono pieces that are less worrisome for me since they're already broken in (Speedy B 30 and Eva). :yes:

I don't think the damier canvas is any subtler than the monogram. They are signature prints. To the initiated, I don't think there is such a thing as understated, whether there is a logo or not.

In my opinion, the Azur is a casual summer/ beach print.

The Ebene is great for rainy days but I always preferred monogram so don't own any. I have recently purchased the Pochette Métis in Monogram Reverse as my worry free casual option and I love it.
Did you experience any color transfer on the reverse part of the bag?