Mon Monogram Dilemma-- TPF Please vote!! Need to decide today

luckyseven01

Nov 26, 2012
Hello All,

This is a long one, but please bear with me. I need your advice!

I have a dilemma. For years, I was going back and forth about whether or not I wanted a mon monogram piece. While I would not call myself ultra-private, I do like to be discrete with personal information, so I was on the fence about a monogrammed bag because it shows the world my initials.

After seeing many, many reveals here (of lovely mon mono pieces), I decided I did want to get one after all because I like the idea of having and LV that was made just for me. Picked my colors and everything!

I recently decided to pull the trigger with a mon mono speedy 35 (reveals from people like Queen Maria and glamorioustasha really sealed thed deal for me). A couple of days before I was about to order the bag, I heard that there would be a launch of the speedy b in mon mono and that changed the game. I dont own a speedy b, but I do own a regular speedy so I thought maybe the speedy b mon mono would be the right thing to get to avoid repetition in my collection.

After getting excited about the speedy b, I heard that the information was wrong and that it would only release in Asia and maybe Europe thereafter (was on phone with 866 for like 20 mins). With that, i decided to go ahead and get the regular speedy 35 in mon mono before the 2/18 price increase.

Over the weekend, I was in the store and randomly decided to try on the speedy b (never had before). The store had super low inventory and did not have the 35 or 30 in mono. They brought me the 25 in mono for show and the 30 in DE. SUPRISINGLY, I LOVED the speedy b mono in 25. I never imagined getting a 25 (seems so small). I LVOE the 25 in speedy b though. It is darling.

Well, that brings me to today. My SA called and said that the Speedy B IS going to be released in mon mono in the USA as early as the end of this month or March. At this point, I tell you, I don't know what to believe. The guy I talked to at 866 told me he was 1000% positive that it wasnt coming to the USA anytime soon and he had talked to a "supply chain manager."

So here are my choices. Please weigh in on what I should do. By the way, I am giving up luxury bags and TPF for lent, so I need to decide today. I know, I know. I am bad for making one last purchase, but it is Fat Tuesday. Lol. TIA!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

1) wait for speedy b in mon mono at all costs
2) buy regular speedy 35 in mon mono before 2/18 price increase and think about getting the speedy b 25 at some later point
3) buy speedy b 25 now before price increase because it is just so cute and wait and see on mon mono options later
4) buy nothing and wait because there are too many unknowns.

Too many unknowns. I feel if you bought the speedy 25 now it would be a pressured decision because of price increase. If you REALLY want it, the increase wouldn't made too big of an impact on you wanting it. I waiting a month until getting my speedy 25 in de and once I made the purchase I was sooooo happy! Patience really does pay off (as mad as I am to admit bf was right lol)

I just ordered my speedy mon mono today- so this is definitely relevent! I think you should order the mon mono speedy 35 now, it is so adorable! Then decide down the road if you still want a speedy b, either monogramed (if that really does become an option) or not. With all the mon color choices and combinations, they would be very different bags.

Whoa that is alot! I personally would not recommend the mon mono in speedy B because many users have had their NF and regular speedies chip, including a close friend of mine (she was able to exchange for a different bag). I think having the bag rub against your body will make it more prone to chipping.

I personally would get the regular mon mono speedy and be extra careful to avoid chipping and maybe wait for the speedy b in azur to have some diversity or get the DE speedy b.

Just FYI after the last increase mon mono only went up $20. So you really shouldn't worry too much about the price increase.

I'd get a Mon Mono Speedy now -- I have a MM 30 and love it. Don't think I'll like the MM Speedy B - just too much going on for me. Love the classic look of the MM Speedy.

Thanks so much to everyone that has replied so far. Very helpful feedback. Please keep the votes coming. I am going to decide at or before 7:00 eastern (store closure) and will be checking back frequently. :smile:

Whoa that is alot! I personally would not recommend the mon mono in speedy B because many users have had their NF and regular speedies chip, including a close friend of mine (she was able to exchange for a different bag). I think having the bag rub against your body will make it more prone to chipping.

I personally would get the regular mon mono speedy and be extra careful to avoid chipping and maybe wait for the speedy b in azur to have some diversity or get the DE speedy b.

Just FYI after the last increase mon mono only went up $20. So you really shouldn't worry too much about the price increase.

Great point on the rubbing or a crossbody and the mon mono. That is really persuasive. At least with a handheld, I would not scrub against my body. Also great to know that the price increase was minimal before. Hope that remains the case because that is way less than the 8-17% increase they normally dish out.

Great point on the rubbing or a crossbody and the mon mono. That is really persuasive. At least with a handheld, I would not scrub against my body. Also great to know that the price increase was minimal before. Hope that remains the case because that is way less than the 8-17% increase they normally dish out.

I think mon mono has been consistently increasing by $20. I was interested in the bag (speedy 30) back when it was $980, then it was $1000. Jump ahead to last year when I looked again and it was $1080 right before the last increase and the current price is $1100.

I think someone was saying because they already charge a premium for the service the bags don't increase that much.

I think mon mono has been consistently increasing by $20. I was interested in the bag (speedy 30) back when it was $980, then it was $1000. Jump ahead to last year when I looked again and it was $1080 right before the last increase and the current price is $1100.

I think someone was saying because they already charge a premium for the service the bags don't increase that much.

VERY interesting and useful info. Have you tracked the increases for the regular speedies? I wonder what the increases have been on those. I bought my classic speedies years ago and they were both under 700 at the time!