Moms with Speedys- come in!

I have a speedy 30 but never carry it with my kids; however, i need my hands with my baby and toddler. I usually carry my nf gm because it can hold all of our stuff and can be thrown on my shoulder easily. I'm sure as the kids get older and are more independent I'll break my speedy back out

Wow I admire all you moms out there. I don't have a speedy but if I did I know it would drive me nuts with the kids. I don't even use my Galliera when I'm out with the kids for the most part. I'm just too worried they are going to get it dirty.

I have a Speedy 30 and I feel guilty that I don't use it as much as I'd like. I have a 4 year old and I'm always hitting him on the head with my bag when I'm bending down to tend to him.
I'm planning on getting a Palermo pm in a couple of weeks and since it comes with a strap, I'm thinking I'll hook it up to my Speedy and use it more often :smile:

I just started carrying my Mono Speedy 30 again. I found it impossible to carry when my youngest was under 1. Carrying the heavy baby carrier and Speedy at the same time was really hard. I also felt like I looked ridiculous trying to juggle so much. Not saying anyone else looked this way. It was just how I felt. So, my NF went everywhere with me.

Now, my youngest is almost 2 and I LOVE my Speedy again. I don't find it hard to carry at all. I have the Speedy in one hand and the other hand is for my toddler (since he likes to walk everywhere). BTW, I have 3 kids ages 10, 8 and almost 2. :biggrin:

Since you have a newborn on the way, I would suggest the Damier NF...........

I love to carry my Speedy 35 when out with my two boys and dh. Actually wishing I had a Speedy 40 now, seeing how much it holds.

I've trained them to keep an eye on my Speedy when I need to toss it in the stroller, especially as I end up chasing after the younger one and have my eye off my bag for more than a few seconds :smile:

i just had a baby five mons ago my first before him i carried my mono 35 often now hes here and i found myself toting around a diaper bag , untill i got my palermo GM hangs on the stroller well, i sold my 35 and got the 40 havent used it yet but if you use a stroller they have clips you can put on the handle to hold shopping bags or your purse, im going to try that next if you dont use a stolller often i would suggest a shoulder bag

I'm glad you got the Palermo PM!! I am a mom of 6, and I know that things can be hectic enough when you're out and about with little ones - who needs to worry about their purse??!! Last week, I thought I might be preggers with #7 (I'm not! :sad: boo hoo!) and I was thinking I'd get a Palermo PM or maybe Gm and get a long strap to go cross-body with it.

I have a 12 month old and I usually don't carry my speedy because I'm always carrying her around, or getting her in and out of the car seat.. I tend to carry more shoulder bags so my hands and arms are free. However, I still LOVE my speedy :biggrin:

I have 3 kids and practically all I carry are speedies. But, my youngest is 5. I guess if I had a baby it probably would bug me and I would prefer a neverful or a crossbody bag until the baby was alittle older

Thanks everyone! I think I am going to put the Speedy on my longer term wish list. I have the Damier NF and I love it but it is out for repair. This bag is amazing! I miss it.

I just got the Palermo PM and agree that it is super easy to use with my toddler (2.5) but it's been so long since I had a nerborn I forgot what my bag strategy was. I've never really used a diaper bag (not my style) so I think I will go to the NF and retire the palermo once the wee one comes.

I prefer shoulder bags when I'm out with the kids (I have a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old), but carry my speedy (30/25) occasionally and have no major problem so long as it is not too heavy - it can get tiring carrying a bulky handheld bag while running after the kids and holding their hands!

i only had two lv's in my collection. Vertical Batignolles and Speedy 25. I thought the Batignolles would be the solution to being a mama of a toddler and looking fab at the same time. Boy was I wrong. Long story short, I sold my Batignolles b/c it became such an eyesore. I could never use it...too heavy and would always fall off my shoulder while trying to chase my toddler around. I'm getting a shoulder strap for my Speedy. Just going to keep it simple.

i have a 35 and it does become cumbersome at times- esp. when shopping. it's a great bag but if you are not already used to it, i would not suggest trying it out with such young kids.