Mollie or Jacquetta?

The mollie has longer rolled handles, is zipped topped and fatter in shape - from the side looks like a bulb! Whereas the Jacquette has smaller drop handles (flat not rolled) - magnetic clasp securing the top and is flatter (not so much depth).

Also the mollie has verticle straps with holes whereas the Jacquette does not.

I think the mollie is designed for the shoulder whereas the Jacquette sits more comfortably on the arm.

I have an oak mollie and it is a lovely bag

Both are lovely - depends on the size you want (Mollie is rounder and harder to fit A4 in), and for me personally, the flat shoulder straps on Jacquetta sits much better on my shoulder. It stays there. But it's tighter, the handles are slightly shorter.

Both gorgeous bags but like Lillemy I prefer the flat handles of the jacquetta.

If you want a secure shoulder bag that you can get over a thick coat in winter Mollie would be the one to go for.

Personally I like magnetic fastenings and quick access when shopping so I went for jacquetta's!!!

Just a note to add there is an old style jacquetta in darwin leather from 2004/5 then a newer one I think from xmas 2008. The newer ones are in natural veg tanned leather, do not have buckles on the straps going down the front of the bag and there was quality issues with quite a few where the internal piping started to poke out into the interior of the bag. The older style jacquetta's are great but you are unlikley to find one in 'as new' condition as they are a few years old.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the useful info! I had checked Ebay and LHB, but was also wondering about the user-experiences ;) There are some lovely Mollies and Jacquettas for sale...trying to hold myself back though.

The sizes are the same. Molloe is a bit more rounded on the corners. The handles of Mollie are longer which makes it easier to carry also with a thick wintercoat. Mollie closes with a zipper, is fully lined and has 2 internal pockets (1 deep one that closes with a zipper).