Modern chain tote??

nycgirl24

Oct 27, 2006
Hi everyone! For the past few days I've been trying to figure out what my next Chanel purchase should be... I tend to like larger bags so I was thinking of the MC e/w tote. I read that it's coming out again for the Fall collection in glazed leather.. Does anyone know if it's out in stores yet? Also, I've been looking at pics in the reference library and in some pictures the MC tote looks more trapezoidal and in others it looks rectangular..Can anyone clarify please?? I really dislike it "rectangular looking" lol and from those of you who own the bag, do you absolutely love it?? I'm considering getting a Balenciaga Work instead, b/c its roomy and has a zippered top, and I think that the MC is open top which I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. I go to school so I would need a bag that I can use to put my books in but to also go out with... If you ladies have any bags in mind, PLEASE feel free to share!! TIA!:smile::heart:

I just picked up the N/S tote yesterday and love it. It is at the Houston Chanel and I think there are about 6 availabe in each style. PM if you want my SA's number. It is beautiful. My tote has a single snap top and fits up under the arm, so I am not worried about anything falling out. I didn't choose the E/W tote because it was bigger than I wanted to go and I already own it in grey. With that tote, I do have trouble with stuff falling out. I own a couple of Balenciaga work bags and love them too. If they are the size you need, you may want to stick to that because of the zip top.

hey georgiegirl, thanks for your input!! what do you mean you trouble with stuff falling out? do you mean when you place it on a surface or when you are actually carrying it? also, does the glazed leather get ruined if it gets wet? thanks!!

I just picked up the N/S tote yesterday and love it. It is at the Houston Chanel and I think there are about 6 availabe in each style. PM if you want my SA's number. It is beautiful. My tote has a single snap top and fits up under the arm, so I am not worried about anything falling out. I didn't choose the E/W tote because it was bigger than I wanted to go and I already own it in grey. With that tote, I do have trouble with stuff falling out. I own a couple of Balenciaga work bags and love them too. If they are the size you need, you may want to stick to that because of the zip top.

what is the difference between the n/s tote and the e/w tote? do u have a pic of your bag. i spoke to kiet chu about the modern chain tote, apparently they only have 2 styles in black only