MJ Paradise bags owners, pls help! Are your paradise bags holding up well?

happy.epi

O.G.
Mar 25, 2010
Hi ladies, I'm falling for the paradise rio bag but noticed that it's made of lamb leather which I assume to be difficult to maintain. Didnt help that the display piece has a visible scuff on one corner at the bottom. The leather surface there has rubbed off permanently, leaving a white patch.

Before I take the plunge, it'll be most helpful if you could share on your experience with your paradise bags.. Is the lamb leather prone to scuffing? Also does the leather crack or wrinkle easily with age and use? Thanks so much! :smile:

From what I have seen, the lamb leather is quite durable. I have many quilted lamb leather bags, and I have no damage on any of them.
I have had a rio. The leather is not thin. I would not be overly rough with one, but I wouldn't baby it either. I have a paradise amber. It seems sturdy and well made. I guess it just depends on how you treat your bags.

Last edited:
i have a Paradise Vera, and it's been maybe 2 months since i got it. i use it every 2wks or so, cause i switch my bags out. the leather is very delicate and soft feeling, but pretty durable. not as durable as the soft calf stuff, but not bad, if you're not super rough w/ your bags

hi there,
this was one of my major concerns with this line too, and why i dismissed it from the get-go. but the designs are so great, i finally gave in....i had a single made of lambskin and it showed wear quite easily IMHO. but i think it could have potentially have been a seasonal flaw.

so I finally got a kate about 2 weeks ago. and the leather is super soft yet A LOT thicker....it reminds me of jacket leather, like upscale high end thick garment leather. i (so far) haven't been super careful with mine...this puppy has been stuffed in my work locker, taken out in the rain, bumped more than once, no signs of wear have shown so far....

i would definitely take the plunge and get a bag. i cant say im familiar with how the colored versions, but black has held up nicely for me :tup:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your feedback! It's a relief to hear that all of you have had no issues with the leather of your paradise bags. I'm thinking of getting the rio for use as a daily tote bag for work stuff. While the lamb leather seems quite durable, is it advisable to use this bag on a daily basis?

At first I was quite worried to use my MBMJ ukita to school since it's also lamb leather. But after months of use (I only have school once a week) it's still nice and holds all my heavy books.

i have the purple paradise amber for a couple months now and there is no sign of wear on it. The leather does wrinkle a little...but it's not cracking or anything. I get a lot of compliments and totally think you should go for the paradise rio. It's a really cute bag! plus if the scuff is only on the bottom, no one would notice anyway.

yes use it every day!

Thanks to everyone's enabling, I got it! :biggrin: Paradise Rio in Bordeaux from FW 2010. The lamb leather and the deep red are truly gorgeous!

picture.php

picture.php