MJ Chat Thread

The bags are mostly a miss for me, but I like the closure and shape of this. I'm not a big patent fan, though.

_ARC0060.jpg
Oh, yeah. Great shape. That would be sweet for an evening bag. I wouldn’t even mind it in patent.

Reactions: kateincali
IMG_1531.jpg
Using this little lovely today and realized I haven’t stopped by in ages. I hope you all are doing well! I’m starting a new job on Monday (my previous job was soul crushing, so excited to start something new). Health-wise I am doing well...the MS is under control thanks to my medication and a pretty drastic diet change (gluten-free, dairy-free, pescatarian), which sucks sometimes for this former cheese/hot dog/Kings Hawaiian bread addict, but given how good I have been feeling, I guess it’s worth it.

What’s going on with you guys?

View attachment 4221111
Using this little lovely today and realized I haven’t stopped by in ages. I hope you all are doing well! I’m starting a new job on Monday (my previous job was soul crushing, so excited to start something new). Health-wise I am doing well...the MS is under control thanks to my medication and a pretty drastic diet change (gluten-free, dairy-free, pescatarian), which sucks sometimes for this former cheese/hot dog/Kings Hawaiian bread addict, but given how good I have been feeling, I guess it’s worth it.

MJ [emoji173]️

Congrats on the job and I’m glad you’re feeling better. It sounds like a wonderful new start for you.

Things have been okay-ish-ish here. I was really excited to start a new job this month. Two days away from the office opening and the contract gets pulled.

At least I didn’t come here from the east coast like a few people did. Still sucks, though.

View attachment 4221111

Glad to hear you’re doing well with job and health. The diet sounds like a real challenge, but if it works, it’s worth it. Dairy free means no ice cream? Oh, dear.

MJ [emoji173]️

Congrats on the job and I’m glad you’re feeling better. It sounds like a wonderful new start for you.

Things have been okay-ish-ish here. I was really excited to start a new job this month. Two days away from the office opening and the contract gets pulled.

At least I didn’t come here from the east coast like a few people did. Still sucks, though.
That’s terrible about the job. Ugh.

Glad to hear you’re doing well with job and health. The diet sounds like a real challenge, but if it works, it’s worth it. Dairy free means no ice cream? Oh, dear.

Lol. I still eat ice cream, but only dairy free...I am learning to love coconut milk and almond milk based ice cream. Ben & Jerry’s dairy free is super yummy - can’t tell it’s not the real deal.

Reactions: vink and ElainePG
Your last sentence is a lie :P

No but really what are your ice cream suggestions?

Coconut Bliss has a dark chocolate ice cream that’s super yummy. Ben & Jerry’s dairy free Cherry Garcia and Caramel Almond Brittle are really good. And Daiya makes ice cream bars that I love (chocolate fudge crunch is the best...they use pumpkin seeds in the chocolate coating for the crunch...so good).

So, while it’s not good old full dairy ice cream, I have found substitutes that I really like. I wish I could say the same for bread - there’s some ‘okay’ gluten-free bread, but it’s so expensive and just not as good as the real thing. [emoji22]

Reactions: vink
Coconut Bliss has a dark chocolate ice cream that’s super yummy. Ben & Jerry’s dairy free Cherry Garcia and Caramel Almond Brittle are really good. And Daiya makes ice cream bars that I love (chocolate fudge crunch is the best...they use pumpkin seeds in the chocolate coating for the crunch...so good).

So, while it’s not good old full dairy ice cream, I have found substitutes that I really like. I wish I could say the same for bread - there’s some ‘okay’ gluten-free bread, but it’s so expensive and just not as good as the real thing. [emoji22]
I'm not much of a chocolate or caramel girl but will try to remember to try Cherry Garcia one of these days. It's the soft texture of a lot of dairy free stuff that I can't get over.

The only really good gluten free bread I've ever had was from the farmer's market in Oceanside. They were gone and never seen again one day. I assume someone with Celiac's and a love for bread kidnapped them.