MJ Chat Thread

It's Monday and I have something to complain about!

What is this California specific rudeness where people working at your house are completely careless about your things?

Don't move the old wood garden benches and use them to support something heavy.
If you're a landscaping company, why do you not have your own wheelbarrow, rake, and shovel?
Don't mix concrete with the garden hose wand because thanks, now it doesn't work.
Don't use the heavy iron doorstop to smooth the concrete.
Don't move the potted lemon tree if you don't know how to move it without breaking the expensive pot. When you do break it, don't turn it around and pretend you didn't.
If you need to be in an area I didn't expect you to be, like where there's a little garden waterfall made of decorative glass, how about you let me know instead of stepping all the fluck over it and breaking everything?

I don't get ittttttt

Sadly, very similar things happen in FL.

When putting in new windows, rather than opening the vertical blinds, the installer just broke them.

The AC crew blew dirty water out of the air conditioning unit onto the carpet.

The landscapers used weed killer close to our bamboo almost killing it. We specifically asked them not to use weed killer or pesticides in our garden. They cut the blooms off our hibiscus and cut the berries off the wild coffee. I guess they thought bare twigs looked attractive. We no longer use this company.

I could go on and on, but I’m starting to relive these incidents.

Time to comfort myself with something sweet! [emoji509]

Reactions: kateincali
Sadly, very similar things happen in FL.

When putting in new windows, rather than opening the vertical blinds, the installer just broke them.

The AC crew blew dirty water out of the air conditioning unit onto the carpet.

The landscapers used weed killer close to our bamboo almost killing it. We specifically asked them not to use weed killer or pesticides in our garden. They cut the blooms off our hibiscus and cut the berries off the wild coffee. I guess they thought bare twigs looked attractive. We no longer use this company.

I could go on and on, but I’m starting to relive these incidents.

Time to comfort myself with something sweet! [emoji509]
This is basically traumatizing.

I'm sorry. Go find some rolled ice cream!

Reactions: Mimmy
What kind of cookie? I need to live through you because baking apples with cinnamon today didn’t cut it for me.

I want oatmeal cookies :sad:

Baked apples with cinnamon definitely sounds like the healthier choice.

I put tart cherry preserves on top of shortbread cookies. I’ve been doing this for about a week now.

I really like oatmeal cookies. I should try to find a good recipe for them. Sounds like a lot of work though and I would end up eating all of them. [emoji39]

Baked apples with cinnamon definitely sounds like the healthier choice.

I put tart cherry preserves on top of shortbread cookies. I’ve been doing this for about a week now.

I really like oatmeal cookies. I should try to find a good recipe for them. Sounds like a lot of work though and I would end up eating all of them. [emoji39]
You can send half to me :P

I have mixed feelings about tart cherry but fully support finding something you like enough to have for a week. This is also how I tend to crave things (then I don't want to look at it again for like six months, rinse, repeat)

I would like to make cream cheese wontons but 1. don't have the ingredients and 2. I can't get over rats living in the stove. I don't care how much bleach I use, it's never going to be clean to me.

You can send half to me :P

I have mixed feelings about tart cherry but fully support finding something you like enough to have for a week. This is also how I tend to crave things (then I don't want to look at it again for like six months, rinse, repeat)

I would like to make cream cheese wontons but 1. don't have the ingredients and 2. I can't get over rats living in the stove. I don't care how much bleach I use, it's never going to be clean to me.

I think your landlord owes you a new stove!

Cream cheese wontons! Thankfully these are usually even good at places that only make fair Chinese food.

It would involve a bit of a drive, but I think that I need some today!

I ate up all the shortbread cookies so I may be over that phase.

I think your landlord owes you a new stove!

Cream cheese wontons! Thankfully these are usually even good at places that only make fair Chinese food.

It would involve a bit of a drive, but I think that I need some today!

I ate up all the shortbread cookies so I may be over that phase.
Ha. Yeah. No.

Cream cheese wontons are edible even when I make them, which is kind of miraculous. I just wish the places near me filled them more. I feel a little cheated buying them when they're 95% greasy wonton.

The best time to find something new to eat is when you're out of the other thing you used to eat.

You guys are killing me with the cookies and chinese food talk! If there were butterscotch chip cookies anywhere nearby I would be in trouble. I've been doing keto for the last month and those are definitely things I can't eat [emoji21]. But it's been worth it and not something I plan to do forever so I can tough it out.

You can send half to me [emoji14]

That is terrible! What about getting a toaster oven? I love those things [emoji173]

That is terrible! What about getting a toaster oven? I love those things [emoji173]
You guys are killing me with the cookies and chinese food talk! If there were butterscotch chip cookies anywhere nearby I would be in trouble. I've been doing keto for the last month and those are definitely things I can't eat [emoji21]. But it's been worth it and not something I plan to do forever so I can tough it out.
I'm not supposed to eat this stuff, either, so congrats on having more will power than I do. I mean, I've set the bar pretty low, but still.

I had a toaster oven but it disappeared on a cross country move. I assume it made a run for it when it saw I was stopping in Odessa for the night and honestly I don't blame it.

I don’t think that I should eat the amount of desserts that I do. I really like them though.

I didn’t get cream cheese wontons yesterday. I bought a strawberry shortcake though. [emoji39]

Reactions: kateincali
I'm not supposed to eat this stuff, either, so congrats on having more will power than I do. I mean, I've set the bar pretty low, but still.

I had a toaster oven but it disappeared on a cross country move. I assume it made a run for it when it saw I was stopping in Odessa for the night and honestly I don't blame it.
Do you mean Odessa, Texas? When I was little we lived in Midland, right next to Odessa, but it was a different place back then. My mom lives in Kermit, which isn't too far from Odessa, so I'm very familiar with the area. The current oil boom has brought in a lot of transient people who haven't exactly 'gentrified' the area, if you know what I mean. It's kind of sad actually :sad:

Do you mean Odessa, Texas? When I was little we lived in Midland, right next to Odessa, but it was a different place back then. My mom lives in Kermit, which isn't too far from Odessa, so I'm very familiar with the area. The current oil boom has brought in a lot of transient people who haven't exactly 'gentrified' the area, if you know what I mean. It's kind of sad actually :sad:
Yes. I've gone cross country twice, ended up in Odessa both nights, and now never miss an opportunity to mention how awful it is.

It's not only the people - though pay day at a motel the oil guys are staying can be interesting, and there was some movie scene level prostitution going on that I didn't think existed in real life - but the air quality is nonexistent, and it's so gray that if you told me the local life expectancy was 25, I'd think that sounds about right.

It's probably a nicer place not right off the I-20? It must have been a pretty and peaceful area before the oil boom.

Last edited:

That’s wild. My parent grew up in Odessa many years ago and went to Odessa High. I think my maternal grandma still lived there just up until a few years ago.