Mixing metals??

Nov 7, 2010
Hello fabulous fashionistas..:smile:

Please advise if its a fashion no-no or yes-yes to carry a pale gold leather hobo style bag & wear Silver gladiators, pladium Hermes belt(occasionally) & White gold jewelery at the same time?

I live in a hot country with 9 months of summer, so my dressing style is maxis,dresses, jeans with flowly tops..i usually wear white gold jewelery.

To be honest i am very matchy matchy & want to break out of this habit, but am i going too far?

Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't consider it a fashion no-no, but I know exactly what you mean. I can be very matchy-matchy too and it bothers me when I mix metals (I still do it, but the overall look just seems a bit "off" to me). It used to be worse because I would only wear platinum/white gold/silver jewelry. I have added in some yellow gold and rose gold, which makes mixing metals on hardware or shoes a bit easier.

sorry, it's a no-no for me.

If you have a couple of small, delicate accessories or jewelry, I htink it's fine to mix gold and silver (but it still depends on the product, I'll have to see it). However, I think you're mixing way too many pieces that are very bold and stand out too much just on their own.

I definitely think you can mix metals in your accessories. Indeed, wearing both white and yellow or rose gold can look great and can go with almost any hardware on a bag. However, I would not mix metallics when it comes to larger pieces like shoes and bags. I probably wouldn't usually do metallics in both anyway, TBH, unless the shoes were very strappy and light. I'd do one metallic when it comes to larger accessories (non-jewelry) and then probably avoid other metallics in the same outfit. A gold bag and silver sandals would just be too much competing in one outfit for me.

It is not a no-no for me.
Llife is to short to obsess about matching every single detail in your outfit. Generally, I'm not a fan of matchy-matchy - it is boring and restricting :tdown:

I tend to mix metals in jewerly, although I have come to realise that i feel most comfortable wearing just silver/wg and my wedding band that is a very thin gold ban.
But Iwouldn't wear a gold bag and silver shoes.