Mixing black and brown

BAGWANNABE

O.G.
Jan 18, 2011
Hi

I just got a new leather jacket - black. I own black boots and a I also have a pair of light tan boots with a wood stacked heel. I love both pairs. But my favorite pair of go to boots for winter are a pair of casual rustish brown suede boots that I got for a steal at Nordstrom Rack last year.

My life is very casual. Jeans most of the time. My everyday bag for this winter is dark olive.

Can I wear the brown suede boots with my black leather jacket? And, if so, how? Like, do I have to wear a brown shirt under the jacket? Any suggestions/opinions would be helpful.

Black will coordinate great with either a lighter brown/tan or a rust/cognac color. You do not have to try to get all matchy-matchy with the brown, either (like with a brown top), because almost any color top will be fine with the black and brown. And when in doubt, toss on an orange or tan or warm print scarf and it will tie everything together.

Hi

I just got a new leather jacket - black. I own black boots and a I also have a pair of light tan boots with a wood stacked heel. I love both pairs. But my favorite pair of go to boots for winter are a pair of casual rustish brown suede boots that I got for a steal at Nordstrom Rack last year.

My life is very casual. Jeans most of the time. My everyday bag for this winter is dark olive.

Can I wear the brown suede boots with my black leather jacket? And, if so, how? Like, do I have to wear a brown shirt under the jacket? Any suggestions/opinions would be helpful.

Oh doll, I am obsessed with black and brown right now! i say mix it up...especially with a leopard scarf :smile:

http://granola2glam.blogspot.com/2011/10/black-brown-kick.html

P1040912.JPG

Been loving bl/br combo, esp in bags...so chic. Id recommend wearing either blk top or cream, as a nice neutral palette

Black and brown are both neutrals, so you can wear them together very easily. Don't worry about matching other items to the brown boots, just have fun with it. If you are wearing jeans you can experiment with color/print on top.

Thanks, everyone! I'm just going to start mixing :smile: I just needed a little reassurance. I laid a whole bunch of outfits out last night including my favorite gray cowl neck sweater. All of the neutrals really look good together.

Black and brown look great together! I don't wear them a lot together, probably because as a kid it was drilled in my head that it was a no-no, which is incorrect. They're both neutrals so they work :smile:

Sorry, I generally do not like black and brown together. Unless your outfit is very well coordinated, then that's fine, but I usually find that they will clash.

Do you have any pix of your outfits?

Well, I unexpectedly found a great pair of black boots :smile: So, now, I'm not as worried about making the brown boots work with the black leather jacket. I will continue to wear the brown boots with my plum winter coat. Thanks for all your input.