miu miu FLATS!! question about dyeing leather, perhaps :)

meep!

May 25, 2010
So I bought a pair of used miu miu bow flats on eBay. They look like this, but in a pink "blush" color. These were like, my HG shoes for soooo long after seeing someone wear them!! I LOVE BOWS!! On everything!! I have the valentino bow (nuage) bag, some more bow shoes, heels, bows for my hair..everything :smile: But these were super expensive and I didn't know whether or not I should get them and even thought about getting knockoffs/inspired bow flats..but then saw them on eBay for cheap. Like i paid less than $50 including shipping. So I snatched them up..
Miu+Miu+Bow-Trimmed+Ballet+Flats.jpg

But my question is, since they're used, and light colored, they're a bit dirty and smudged. Can I clean the leather, or take it to a leather cleaner? Can I ask for them to dye the leather? I kind of want it dyed...pink bow on black. Kind of like a pink bow in my hair that I like to wear :smile: Would that be kind of hard? Or ridiculous? Or look fake? Destroy the leather?

And how much would that cost?

Thank you!!!!! :yahoo:

I have no idea, that's a really good question...I have read in this forum about a website called lovinmybags.com and some people here have used it, with good results, but as I remember this website is for handbags...I don't know if they do shoes but you could give it a try. They are in the US, I believe.

I guess it could be done, but you'd have to ask.

Yeah it is possible to clean shoes up and re-dye the leather, the dyeing should probably be done by a cobbler as it can be really really messy! You can do it yourself though if you get the appropriate leather dye/paint and tape the rest of the shoe in painting tape so you don't make a mess on it. For cleaning it, depending on how badly they are dirty, baby wipes often work well :smile: I would love to see how they look once they are done! Those are so pretty, I've wanted those shoes for ages too :biggrin: